Sign in to follow this  
cj-ibbotson

FIX Info doesnt work with VERSION v1.00.2987

Hey guysAfter recently installing the latest update VERSION v1.00.2987 I have found that I cannot enter any FIX nav points. No matter what airport ICAO or VOR I type in the scratchpad it will refuse to go upload when I click the Left select key.I'm doing a lot of circuit practice and find them very handy and they did work before. I started to think I had a corrupt save or panel state so started a new flight, same thing, used a different livery and went from 800-900NG to no avail. Uninstalled all liveries, uninstalled NGX, reinstalled using one of the latest installers which I believe had up to the 3rd beta 1.00.2922 and the FIX page works again as it should but installing the last update it stopped working again. I did a search but cant see any others, perhaps its a function not used too often so no one has noticed it yet.Can anyone at PMDG or users with the latest update test it?Cheers

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

SP1's being released shortly, try again with that and let us know if you still have issues.
Hypnotized.gifHypnotized.gif

Hey guysAfter recently installing the latest update VERSION v1.00.2987 I have found that I cannot enter any FIX nav points. No matter what airport ICAO or VOR I type in the scratchpad it will refuse to go upload when I click the Left select key.I'm doing a lot of circuit practice and find them very handy and they did work before. I started to think I had a corrupt save or panel state so started a new flight, same thing, used a different livery and went from 800-900NG to no avail. Uninstalled all liveries, uninstalled NGX, reinstalled using one of the latest installers which I believe had up to the 3rd beta 1.00.2922 and the FIX page works again as it should but installing the last update it stopped working again. I did a search but cant see any others, perhaps its a function not used too often so no one has noticed it yet.Can anyone at PMDG or users with the latest update test it?Cheers
Aren't you supposed to put it into the right side of the fmc? Just reading where you said you clicked the left select key.
SP1's being released shortly, try again with that and let us know if you still have issues.
Define shortly Praying.gifLove.gif

Wha wha wha what!? hehe

No route is necessary though did test by entering a route. Tested using the VC FMC and the 2D. I enter the navaid into the scrathpad and press the LSK beside the 4 blank boxes (as I have done before on NGX and 744X). Rick its defenately a LSK not a right. The button clicks but the boxes remain blank, tried different aircraft variants and the default liveries but same issue. IRS's are aligned, Navaid I enter is right beside me so distance not an issue. Like I said I uninstalled it and deleted all the PMDG folders plus the aircraft folders, reinstalling up to update nr 3 works fine but as soon as I install update 4 and start a new flight if fails to workWorried.gif

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

Are you trying to enter it into the RTE page, or the LEGS page? RTE page are the LSK's to the right, LEGS page is the LSK to the left.Edit: Screenshot would help.

No Rick I'm aware of that, its the FIX page. You can enter an ICAO or Navaid and a radial and distance.Its a very useful tool.Clicking 1LSK fails to upload the ICAO on the scratchpad into the boxes

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

Ahhhhhhhhhhh now I see what you mean. Just re-read what you wrote about HF4 being installed, mine is 3, and it works, so it must be a HF4 issue?

I'm now starting to think other issues are occuring with my CDU. On the DEP/ARR page I am almost 100% certain if I selected a DEP or an ARR, selected a runway using the RSK's and a STAR with the LSK that when initially selected the word ERASE appears approx at LSK 6L which allowed you to undo that selection. NO option is now appearing, If I select an approach the only way I can select an alternative is press DEP/ARR again, select runway and basically start again.Something is seriously wrong with this beta patch on my system, will try version 3 again tomorrow though getting fearful of activation limits though the last install didnt ask to activate.Ryan any further comments of these issues I'm experiencing. Any of you other guys got Beta 4 and experiencing these issues with FIX page (not fixes in route or legs page as these work fine for me)

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

On that reactivation issue, same here, third time I have installed it due to .....um.....issues...and this last time, it didn't ask for activation.1.) Anyone else seeing this also after multiple installs?2.) Also, could this be a issue that needs fixing, I would hate to see a backdoor for made easy for pirates......

Ok guys did one last test before bed as its late here. Went into the CDU, pressed menu, pmdg setuo, aircraft, restore original and it sort of worked, the ERASE now appears in the route, legs, dep/arr pages when you prior to confirming a change tho a PIN ERROR message came up on the scratchpad. Went back into the CDU options, clicked load from another and selected the only option N738NP and seems to work fine now. Initially after my reinstall I didnt have ANY panel state options to load it was vlank though engines would be running on a new flight so perhaps all this messed things up.Thanks for your input guys

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

On that reactivation issue, same here, third time I have installed it due to .....um.....issues...and this last time, it didn't ask for activation.1.) Anyone else seeing this also after multiple installs?2.) Also, could this be a issue that needs fixing, I would hate to see a backdoor for made easy for pirates......
Will,Nothing to fix or worry about. Like most other FS Software I installed and reinstalled it doesnt always remove everything, especially from the windows registry. So while it may remove folders and files during an uninstall your registration is still in there lurking somewhere. I have uninstalled mine and reinstalled 4 times for each hotfix that was released. It only asked me for registration the first time I installed it and after that nada. Now if you uninstalled it and went into the Windows Registry and manually deleted all referances to the PMDG 737-NGX then it would probably ask you for registration again cause all the info would be completely gone. Or in the case you did a complete format of your system and everything was new again then it would definately ask you to register again.