Sign in to follow this  
Ben Cap

Issue while climbing

When I was flying today, my plane was wanting to climb overs-speeding. I am almost positive the plane was set up properly. Any ideas?jaxsex.jpg

add some screenshots of the relevant panels, it'll help to troubleshoot

Looks like you have a 68kt tail wind. Most likely a weather related over speed. Fsx is good at that. John

Do you have any active failures?
Negative....I think I might have to do a reinstall

Yes, it is a strong tail wind alright.Also...........is your cost index very high ?
Yes around 80.....

Well I see two things that are totally wrong!307 has:

1. Honeywell panel
  2. No AOA on the PFD

;)

Matt Cee

Lol...ok, thanks....I pretty much have this aircraft down to the basics for safe flight, but now, as pointed out, I need to work on my terminology.

Im going to guess he not using Activesky and doesn't have the fsx.cfg, fusipc.dll modified for FSX's crazy wind shifts. Hence the Overspeed. Reinstalling the NGX is not gonna change anything if its the weather that did it which is the most likely cause.

Im going to guess he not using Activesky and doesn't have the fsx.cfg, fusipc.dll modified for FSX's crazy wind shifts. Hence the Overspeed. Reinstalling the NGX is not gonna change anything if its the weather that did it which is the most likely cause.
I have ASE and FSUIPC with wiond smoothing and temp and pressure smoothing enabled. I also have my FSX.cfg tweaked with Bojote's online tweak tool.

???( I am presuming you are joking with us ? )It's a Collins MCP with the AOA on the PFD's !!
The real N307AS has a Honeywell and Alaska doesn't have AOAs on the PFDs, only on the HUDs. 317 was the first 900 with Collins.

Matt Cee

Turn off temp and pressure smoothing. It doesn' play nice with the NGX, it leads (at least for me) very slow climb rates as the temp is slow to decrease as the altitude increases. Turning off FSUIPC temp smoothing removes that and ASA (in global mode) has the temperature decrease nicely as I get high and higher into the sky, and thus a nice smooth and expected climb rate and N1 increase.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/