Sign in to follow this  
bill1970

Terrain Display no longer working after HF4

I just installed HF4 and I am experiencing a strange failure of the Terrain display. When I switch on Terrain via the EFIS button, the entire display (within the compass rose) fills in with magenta. I recall the display working properly with HF3 installed. Anyone else seen this odd behavior?Bill Rowe

I have sometimes a full green pattern on the entire range for maybe a second when in flight and with no obstacles.It came on 2 or 3 times during a flight. Also for me it was only after hf4.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

That's weird. For me the terrain display works perfectly fine with HF4.

I have sometimes a full green pattern on the entire range for maybe a second when in flight and with no obstacles.It came on 2 or 3 times during a flight. Also for me it was only after hf4.
Same for me, but at lower frequencies.

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

On my last flight with HF4 I had the same thing.I was on a flight from EGSS to EHEH. Somwhere above the channel the captains ND turned green. I switched on first officers ND and it worked normal. Then I changed captains ND from 10 or 20 to 80 and the green was gone. But as soon as I reduced the range everything was green again for the remaining flight. The route was: CLN L620 REDFAFlighttime was about 44minutes, it happened about 15 to 20 minutes after takeoff.Reagrds,Jonathan Huschle

I also have the green terrain issue over the Irish sea.(I didn't check to see if it happens all the time on the same route.(EGCC-EIDW)

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Mhhh.... I must check my settings, also on my system the green pattern appear on the sea, as far as I can remember there is a setting about the terrain display, I'll check as soon as I can.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

tried it again today,only happens at switch on,could it be that it starts in 'test' mode like the weather radar is?

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

On my system it starts normally without any test (as it is on real). The test is only done by pushing EGPWS TEST.

Regards

Andrea Daviero