Sign in to follow this  
Anxu00

Is this a good plane?

I have given up on Carenado since the Baron 58, I liked the Bonanza F33A for looks, but it flew terribly, so it is now also in the virtual dirt bin. It looks like the community mod this plane quite a bit, but at the end is this a worthy retry, or I shall hold my peace and give up?ThanksVu Pham

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

The flight model for the A36 is new and quite good, as far as I can tell.The cockpit is all 3d modeled and partly glass, so quite different from the F33.A new flight model is also under development for the F33, so you may want to tryit again, once it comes out.Personally, I fly both planes, and once they are equipped with RealityXP avionics,they are really nice IMHO.

Bert

Guest bstolle
I have given up on Carenado since the Baron 58, I liked the Bonanza F33A for looks, but it flew terribly, so it is now also in the virtual dirt bin.
Have you downloaded the new FDE update for the B58 from flightsim.com or sim-outhouse.com ? Improves low speed handling, take off and landing a lot.I've sent the new files for the F33 and the V35 to Carenado a few days ago so they should be available very soon.If you pm me your e-mail address I can e-mail you the new F33 files....BTW, the F33 is fully aerobatic, she's capable of spins, slips, hammerheads etc...

Hi,Thanks. I have PM'ed bstoll for the F33A to retry, so thanks in advance. I have also just acquired the Reality XP 530W and Flightline N, so I am going to see if I can Mod the F33A and B58 to enjoy with the better FDE, and working avionics. I have used to the attention to details of MilViz and RealAir, so I got frustrated with the various issues with Carenado planes. However, they do have nice visual models, so I keep thinking may be this time they got it right. Still sitting on the fence since I just spent a chunk of cash on Reality XP, but I will definitely consider the A36 in a month or so.Vu

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Have you downloaded the new FDE update for the B58 from flightsim.com or sim-outhouse.com ? Improves low speed handling, take off and landing a lot.I've sent the new files for the F33 and the V35 to Carenado a few days ago so they should be available very soon.If you pm me your e-mail address I can e-mail you the new F33 files....BTW, the F33 is fully aerobatic, she's capable of spins, slips, hammerheads etc...
Hi Bernt,Please let me know how I can download your new FDE for the B58 via flightsim.com ?....I cannot find the file in their library.Best regardsJean-Pierre

Guest bstolle

They put the file into the wrong (fs2004) section, even with a wrong fs2004 text.Just type Carenado B58 into the 'search' window, search 'all file sections' and it will appear.

Hi,Thanks. I have also just acquired the Reality XP 530W and Flightline N, so I am going to see if I can Mod the F33A and B58 to enjoy with the better FDE, and working avionics.
Let me know if you need help with the RXP stuff! The 530 is a bit of a force fit, since the panel has a 430 in it,but the support forums here should have most of what you need to succeed.The 530 will work very nicely in your Duke though!

Bert

They put the file into the wrong (fs2004) section, even with a wrong fs2004 text.Just type Carenado B58 into the 'search' window, search 'all file sections' and it will appear.
Many thanks Bernt for this infoJust%20Kidding.gifBrgdsJean-Pierre

Let me know if you need help with the RXP stuff! The 530 is a bit of a force fit, since the panel has a 430 in it,but the support forums here should have most of what you need to succeed.The 530 will work very nicely in your Duke though!
Hi Bert, I bought the RXP 530 specifically for the Duke! I am going to try the new FDE from Bernt for the F33A first. I am already planning on also getting the RXP 430 and the unlimited pack as well, but I got to save for it first! I have seen the two RXP in crossfill, aside from not having to enter flight plan, what else does this dual configuration do? ThanksVu

Vu Pham

If you start with a 430 and a 530, you can at least get your F33 and Duke properly equipped.The unlimited package is only required in a 2X430 configuration and allows- a second 430 and- both GNSs to be synchronized so they are aware of the same flight plan. Without the unlimited feature, the two 430s would show the same screen, so you could not have the terrain map on one and theflightplan on the other, for example.

Bert

I think the traffic display also comes with the unlimited pack. It doesn't get much cheaper through this though. Sort of an 'I want it all' product.

Hi Bernt,I finally had a chance to refly the F33A with your new FDE and I must say the plane flies much nicer now. Although I never know how a real F33A fly, the previous FDE was a total frustration, so thank you very much for your gift to the community. I saw that Carenado also release the optional patch on their website that presumely use your FDE, since there is some manual modifications, I suppose it would be better if I use the optional patch for future install, could you confirm that the optional patch does indeed has your new FDE? Thanks again.Vu
If you start with a 430 and a 530, you can at least get your F33 and Duke properly equipped.The unlimited package is only required in a 2X430 configuration and allows- a second 430 and- both GNSs to be synchronized so they are aware of the same flight plan. Without the unlimited feature, the two 430s would show the same screen, so you could not have the terrain map on one and theflightplan on the other, for example.
Hi Bert,So if I understand correctly, without the unlimited pack, I cannot even manually select one GPS to display moving map on one and flight plan on the other? So I can manually install two GPS, say one 530 and one 430, but I cannot manually set what each will display, even if I had entered the flight plan manually on each?Thanks for clarifying. Vu

Vu Pham

Guest bstolle

Hi Vu,Thanx for your kind words :smile:Glad you like them!Confirmed. The 'optional' patch on the Carenado website is identical with the files I've e-mailed you.

Hi Vu,Just to clarify.... without the Unlimited pack,In a 2X430 configuration, you would have two identical units.In a 530 + 430 configuration you would have two separate units.

Bert

Hi Vu,Just to clarify.... without the Unlimited pack,In a 2X430 configuration, you would have two identical units.In a 530 + 430 configuration you would have two separate units.
Hi Bert,I understood that part. What is not clear to me is that without the unlimited pack, providing that I also bought the 430, after I install both in my Duke, can I do this:1. Enter flight plan in 530, enter the same flight plan in 430 2. Set the 530 to display terrain map3. Set the 430 to display the flight planIf the only thing that unlimited pack gives is the cross fill of the flight plan, so that I only need to enter the flight plan once, then the price is a bit stiff to justify for an extra couple of minutes each flight. I would expect that (2) and (3) would be off sync lightly, but since both GPS is about the same plane, the info would work. Now if you are telling me that the unlimited pack is needed to do be able to display terrain on one unit and flight plan on the other, then that's a different story.ThanksVu

Vu Pham