Sign in to follow this  
pablo_gsxr750

VOZ Afcad YMMB - Moorabbin (Melbourne Australia)

Hey... Does anybody know why when I try and take-off or land on 35L/17R the aircraft crashes into what is an invisible object ..? The reason I know it's an object is because the single green line appears stating 'Object Collision'. I've tried several different YMMB Afcads including the original and nothing seems to fix this error. Any guidance or help would be appreciated from anyone..? Many thanks - Pablo

System: ASUS P8P67 PRO Motherboard B3 | Intel Core i7 3770K 3500GHz | 2 x ATI Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 2GB (Cayman Pro) Crossfire | G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL10-8GBXL 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 SDRAM 1600 | Microsoft Windows 7 Pro

Regards - Pablo

If you know where the object is, why not try and place an exclusion around it using the "SBuilder" program?This program is designed to make objects disappear, including all Autogen objects.Ive used it quite a few times and it works beautifully.You will find the progam here on Avsim, just enter "Sbuilder" using the search function in the file library.There is also an excellent video on how to use it, just enter "video exclusion sbuilder" in google and the first entry will be titled "Tutorials" by scruffy duck. On this website you will find the video.Hope this helps,Pan Pan Pan

Hi.I agree- an exclude is the best way of dealing with the object as it could be part of any addon you've installed. If you want to get to the bottom of it, you'll have to disable scenery layers untill the problem clears- a tedious exercise even when you do half of them at a time.Regards,D

Another, more simple, solution is to turn off 'Crash Detect' in preferences.

Hey everyone...Well, first of all thanks for the suggestions - however, despite trying SBuilder and even FlattEx which was easier for me to use overall I haven't been able to rectify my invisible object collision towards the end of runway 35L at YMMB. Unless you can suggest anything else that may help me I will have to revert to switching off crash detection - which I don't want to do because after all I want my flight sim to be as real as possible..!OK thanks for your help so far gang!C'ya Pablo

System: ASUS P8P67 PRO Motherboard B3 | Intel Core i7 3770K 3500GHz | 2 x ATI Sapphire Radeon HD 6950 2GB (Cayman Pro) Crossfire | G.Skill Ripjaws F3-12800CL10-8GBXL 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR3 SDRAM 1600 | Microsoft Windows 7 Pro

Regards - Pablo