Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

Scenery Library object missing?

Hi AllI have this line in my FSX.CFGMissingLibraryAlert=1now when I start to load the scenery I get errors(13),' Scenery Library object missing ID D1A6009E 4DFC 104E50 5B12 008A1AED112'I click OK and FSX continues. There are 13 different numbersHmm, anyone any ideas of how to fix this.I get the same errors when flying from either EGKK or KSEA!Sim runs okThanks

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

That object number, as well as the line in the cfg file, are not in my stock FSX. Have you deleted or added scenery from those areas lately? I would think you could delete the cfg line and that should make the errors go away, at least until whatever scenery software caused it puts it back.

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

It means that some addon scenery is positioning those objects but FSX cannot find them. Possibly you are missing a library bgl which should have been supplied with the addon.George

guysthanks@ bob, where do I go to find this number?thanks

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

George said it better than I. Sounds like some scenery didn't install completely or is corrupt. Copy and paste that number into a search box for the drive FSX is on, and you might be pointed to the problem scenery, if you don't already know it.

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.

Hi bobTrying that now, no luck. I will take down some of the othe rnumbers and try them, in a moment. Will yet you knowthanks

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Guest firehawk44
Hi bobTrying that now, no luck. I will take down some of the othe rnumbers and try them, in a moment. Will yet you knowthanks
Uh, hate to cut in but that won't work as Bob and George have stated. Best thing to do is go into the Scenery Library and disable all the addon scenery (or recently added scenery). Restart FSX and see if the problem still exists. If not, start reenabling the scenery one by one until the problem reoccurs. Reinstall the scenery causing the problem.Best regards,Jim

Alpha117,I've had that error as well as the 12 others I believe. I'm an Orbx team member and we went through a couple months ago trying to eliminate these missing GUID errors. This group of 13 missing GUIDs didn't present a problem for anyone else on the team except myself and I wasn't able to figure out where they were coming from. It's likely that an object library supplied with one of the payware airports is missing on yours and my system, although I was not able to determine which. My guess is these errors pop up for you near KSEA, particularly in the vacinity of Vashon?Since missing GUIDS can cause CTDs, I made myself a "dummy library" to eliminate the errors. What this does is provide a dummy object for each of the missing GUIDs, it's most likely you'll never find an actual missing object, but if you do, you'll see the this dummy object in place of those missing models:dummy_object.jpgThis should eliminate the errors and the potential for CTDs in the Seattle area. This library contains dummy objects for the following missing GUIDs I recorded on my own system. Please check the list against the actual errors you're generating in the sim, but I'm betting they're all there.b066fd23-4286-42ac-80cb-54ede24eb4afecfc514a-eed1-45d4-9d5d-709566e9ff65d1a6009e-4dfc-104e-5b12-008a0febd112d1a6009e-4dfc-104e-5b12-008a1aebd112da38729e-2824-c2cd-2b40-de43c0a98a510cb6b1a4-ce59-4545-a2cd-f20d8f5fd99dc5df30aa-7d0f-49d3-8881-08faedd4e866a60255b9-508f-4920-9941-bffb775e49c4ed7359b9-1f03-47e2-a239-ea9ede2c292eae5cf9bf-bf9a-44b3-8e09-676acd31f810492835e6-ba9b-4306-b845-bef356e58f772d5e14ea-c73d-9d75-e7b6-a464c0039efa2d5e14ea-c73d-9d75-e7b6-a464c1039efaDownload the .zip file linked below and extract it to a temporary folder. You'll end up with a "dummy_objects" folder with scenery and texture subfolders. Move the entire "dummy_objects" folder into your FSX\Addon Scenery folder and then activate the area in your scenery library.jr_unknown_dummy_obj_lib.zipThat should eliminate your source of errors, please let me know how it works out for you.Jim

JimMany thanksdownloading now. Will report back. Will install and active this and start a flight from KSEANot sure where Vashon is(now looking at PlanG) :-)

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

I believe FSX stock installation contains many of these library errors as it is. At least that was the word over at Orbx

Its seem strange I get these at KSEA and also at EGKK. Thats when I first noticed it, via the events log (g3d.dll error).Then I added the MissingLibraryAlert=1.Wish I never started this now :-)

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Result!!!......Only one error and that's not on your list Jim (forgot to write the number down...will do it in a moment)Firstly going to fly around KSEA looking for wooden crates and to find where Vashon ishaha..........2S1 Vashon Municipal Airport......Hey knew PlanG was good, going there now!

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

@Glenn: There are a certain number of errors caused by non-acceleration FSX installations (like mine), but these are not acceleration related GUIDs. I have a dummy library for missing acceleration objects as well, they're not the same GUIDs and these don't come up in a google search whereas all of the accel GUIDs have been listed here and are easily found with google. I'm still not completely convinced this is a missing Orbx library, it's likely something else, particularly if the OP is getting the same errors at EGKK.@alpha117: Couple quick questions if I may, I'd like to get to the bottom of this if possible:1. Do you have any Orbx sceneries installed, payware or freeware? (i.e. Vashon muni or the PNW demo)2. Can you verify for me that the missing GUIDs at EGKK are the same ones you're getting in the KSEA area? (EDIT: and do you have any special sceneries installed for EGKK?)3. Do you have FSX acceleration or FSX Gold installed, or is it an early version of FSX without the accel pack?Thanks,Jim

Just crossing the water at 1485ft (in Trike) no wooden crates yet!!

@Glenn: There are a certain number of errors caused by non-acceleration FSX installations (like mine), but these are not acceleration related GUIDs. I have a dummy library for missing acceleration objects as well, they're not the same GUIDs and these don't come up in a google search whereas all of the accel GUIDs have been listed here and are easily found with google. I'm still not completely convinced this is a missing Orbx library, it's likely something else, particularly if the OP is getting the same errors at EGKK.@alpha117: Couple quick questions if I may, I'd like to get to the bottom of this if possible:1. Do you have any Orbx sceneries installed, payware or freeware? (i.e. Vashon muni or the PNW demo).........YES2. Can you verify for me that the missing GUIDs at EGKK are the same ones you're getting in the KSEA area?....Standby will check3. Do you have FSX acceleration or FSX Gold installed, or is it an early version of FSX without the accel pack?...FSX accelerationThanks,Jim
JimVason Muni? where do I get that from

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image