Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

Scenery Library object missing?

Guys,Not sure if this is just a 'placebo' effect or not,but it seem smoother and better frames/sec around KSEA.BTW now flying around Vashon, can't spot any wooden crates though.....yet

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

JimThe only error I get now loading at KSEA is:2D65B7FC 4ECE 830A 7084 54AEDB7BB4E1the error I was getting at EGKK BEFORE loading your fix was :746B3233 6220 6C69 1020 E1B201414447Just going over to EGKK now , to check if this error still happens with your fix loadedI will report back ASAP.Could you make some 'wooden crates' for theses errors to? ;-)RegardsJim,Sorry the 746B3233 6220 6C69 1020 E1B201414447 error happens at EGBB not EGKK.right back to EGKK...brb

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Well, not good at EGKK, here's the error's33AF1319 213D 4A6C B752 DEDE6FE348C8B4DA3B24 5FC7 4F12 86A4 7C2F7DFFB70B554B3130 3132 3136 3130 30353438337554B3130 3132 3136 3130 333434393134554B3130 3132 3136 3130 31393438339there was 25 in total, but I only wrote these one's down.Lots more wooden crates needed, there in the UK !!

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

OK, just 'de-activated' my addon scenery for EGKK and only got two errors instaed of twenty 25.So is it 'addon' scenery that are causing these errors?just a thoughtanother thought, could it be the order of your scenery lib?

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Please note that MissingLibraryAlert works like this:Receive error messages when library objects are referenced but not found, or when library objects that have bounds are referenced outside of those bounds (for example, the Seattle Space Needle model can only be referenced in the Seattle locality).the latter case often called "geo-locked objects".scott s..

Scott,Thanks, but i'm now even more confused than before. I don't even know how/what these number are or even do.

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Vason Muni? where do I get that from
It's freeware from Orbx, get 'CEN4 High River Regional' and 'KHQM Hoquiam' too if you don't have it.http://www.fullterra...m/freeware.htmlI can assume then that you have the PNW Demo installed? I believe the latest version of the PNW Demo includes KHQM, so rather than install KHQM seperately, just download and reinstall the PNW demo.
BTW now flying around Vashon, can't spot any wooden crates though.....yet
You'll have a hard time finding them, they're roughly 1 meter on all sides and sort of designed to blend in. Might be fun to go on an easter egg hunt with the trike though smile.png
The only error I get now loading at KSEA is: 2D65B7FC 4ECE 830A 7084 54AEDB7BB4E1
No part of that string comes up with google, nor do I find it in any of my own text files of GUIDs I've logged myself. Hard telling where that one comes from, but I can make you a crate. Let's get the rest of this sorted first though.
Sorry the 746B3233 6220 6C69 1020 E1B201414447 error happens at EGBB not EGKKCould you make some 'wooden crates' for theses errors to? ;-)So is it 'addon' scenery that are causing these errors?
Well, first let's try to figure out where the EGBB errors are coming from, what is the scenery you have installed there and where did you get it? I'll defer any errors that occur with this scenery active, but not without, to whoever designed the scenery. Hopefully it's a case of a missing library that you can just download and install. I can make you a custom crate library for the remaining errors that occur with the scenery disabled, and also the one at KSEA. I need the guids verbatim from the error msgs though, lower case is fine, but I'll need them with the dashes and grouping intact. Even one letter missing or incorrectly typed will cause the crate not to show up and you'll still get the error. For now, disable the EGBB scenery and start a list of missing GUIDs. When you get them all gathered up post them here and I'll make you some crates. Let's do this only once though, so make sure you've got them all in order before posting. Yes, it's the addon scenery. Some placement file (lat/lon coordinates) is calling for an object that doesn't exist in any of your installed object libraries. Scenery layering/priority doesn't have anything to do with it, object libraries are called in the sim by these guids only, and the sim will find them wherever they are.
Just been looking at http://lc0277.gratis...r/sceneobjects/none of my errors numbers appears on there....Jim???
No, if you have acceleration installed you shouldn't find any missing GUIDs on that site. These are coming from something non-default.
...or when library objects that have bounds are referenced outside of those bounds (for example, the Seattle Space Needle model can only be referenced in the Seattle locality).the latter case often called "geo-locked objects".
I don't think that's the case with these Scott, at least not the 13 GUIDs listed above. If it were a geo-locked object being called by a placement file everyone (with Orbx scenery installed) would be getting these errors wouldn't they? To my knowledge myself and alpha117 are the only ones seeing these. If I disable Vashon these errors go away, but then I get some new ones that were obviously excluded by something at Vashon. Those I believe are my own missing acceleration objects though.Jim

OKI will disable UK2000 Scenery for EGBB and EGKK and then list the GUID numbers.I have the most of ORBIX scenery including VASHON, oh well didn't know I had that one.Going to start on EGBB now.You OK with my only KSEA error now?

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

You OK with my only KSEA error now?
I still don't know where it came from, but I'll make a crate for it along with the others.Jim

thanksOK, with UK2000 addon scenery for EGBB and EGKK disabled I only get two errorsEGBB33AF1319-213D-4A6C-B752-DEDE6FE348C8EGKK746B3233-6220-6C69-10202-E1B20141447When I re-enabled EGBB----24 errorsWhen I re-enabled EGKK---still the same one errorAlso Whilst I was looking through my scenery lib I found some scenery from MAIWhttp://www.militaryaiworks.com/I have dis-abled those ones and along with both EGBB and EGKK being disabled only got the two errors.So, in the morning its 0004hrs here in the UK now!! I will uninstall both EGBB and EGKK addons and reinstall them, to see if that makes a difference.So I only need 3 wooden crates, if you would be so kind JIm.I will let you know how it goes once I have reinstalled scenery files.Catch you tomorrow (Saturday)Kind Regards

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Jim,Ok, so i'm still here now 0035hrs. I've reinstalled EGBB and EGKK and can confirm with both active still only have 2 errors as in the above post.So, it looks like it was a 'bad' install, plus having the MAIW scenery active didn't help either.So conclusion is??Well, from over here I think it was just a bad install of the UK addon scenery, but as for the KSEA issue, I'm not sure. To confirm that, I would have to uninstall ALL ORBX scenery and reinstall to see if that works. Jim, have you tried that one??Now, that would be a BIG job I think, unless someone else want's to try it first!Anyway, its my bedtime, Jim many thanks for your help and support on this one, I was struggling, as I lack the knowledge of the inner workings of FSX.I'm just the pilot not the engineer !!

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

No, don't uninstall all your Orbx stuff, it's fine. I did actually try that myself this afternoon, got rid of the errors, but doesn't really solve the problem. I then activated the PNW region only and didn't get the errors. It's Vashon, I'm sure of it, I've got it narrowed down to which objects are being called from which placement .bgls within the Vashon scenery folder. I can even make large, brightly colored dummy objects so I can find them in the scenery, but none of that really helps to determine which (missing) object library these are being called from.Good to hear that reinstalling UK solved the 25 missing alerts. Something must have gotten messed up with one of the object libraries and the reinstall put it back where it was supposed to be. It may possibly have been moved, deleted, overwritten, or otherwise messed up by another scenery install, who knows.I've got 33AF1319-213D-4A6C-B752-DEDE6FE348C8 and 746B3233-6220-6C69-10202-E1B20141447 down for europe, and can you confirm the one at KSEA is exactly 2D65B7FC-4ECE-830A-7084-54AEDB7BB4E1 then, and I'll make you up a dummy library for those.JimEDIT: Please confirm all 3 of these GUIDs please, I just put them into a list and the dashes/spacing is all out of whack:

33AF1319-213D-4A6C-B752-DEDE6FE348C8746B3233-6220-6C69-10202-E1B201414472D65B7FC-4ECE-830A-7084-54AEDB7BB4E1

Sorry, I know it's a PITA, but they have to be exact or it won't work :(

Why not just remove MissingLibraryAlert=1 from your FSX.CFG?Or, if you are feeling really masochistic, add ShowMissingTextureAlert=1

GHDthe reason i started this, was that i was getting CTD at random. I really started to take notice when i was flying from EGKK>LOWI. it just crashed for what seemed no reason. When I looked in th ewindows event log it said that it was module g3d.dll caused the fault. Hence i then 'googled' this, which is well documentated on the 'net'. Then I found that if you placed MissingLibraryAlert in your CFG then it would identify the missing GUID. Rumour has it that these missing GUID's CAN be be cause fo CTD and also cause reduced frame rates and eventually a CTD, due to the fact that the FSX engine gets in a 'knot' with itself. Also rumour says that if you have the Missing Alert active and just 'OK' the errors during flight it will help to prevent the CTD.You are right that by adding the 'ShowMissingtextureAlert=1 to the mix, would be another issue totally. Again 'rumour' has it that the main cause of this one is the missing textures from AI aircraft, again this can cause CTD. On of the 'quick fixes for this one is to set your Traffic to 'Zero' and hopefully the CTD will reduce to hopefully none.@JIM..have you tried the MissingTextureAlert' one yet. That was going to be my next step. I use WOAI for my traffic.Right...back to make sure I have the 'correct numbers for Jim.

Guys,Not sure if this is just a 'placebo' effect or not,but it seem smoother and better frames/sec around KSEA.BTW now flying around Vashon, can't spot any wooden crates though.....yet
See, I think 'rumours' are correct it does effect your frame rates :-)

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image