Sign in to follow this  
Nuno Pinto

Service Pack 1 - A question

Hello,Is the constant flickering of the mouse cursor when hovering on the FMC keypad (either 3D or 2D) being addressed in the SP1?This is a problem that does exist (unlike i've been told before, someone blamed it on FSX) and that doesn't occur on any other aircraft i have. iFly 737NG, Wilco Airbus/Embraer, DA Fokker, PMDG MD-11/747 and more all work fine. With PMDG's 737 NGX there's flicker and very noticeable.Thank you for reading.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Just wondering if you use the REX weather engine? I have seen that cause this but it is not localised to just the FMC. It happens all over the cockpit with that engine active.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

Nope. I use IVAO weather transmitted through the client. Like this, i have the same weather as everyone else. This also happens offline by the way. This is most surely a mouse graphic buffer issue or something similar.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

are you running alot of apps, 737ngx requires alot of attention due to the high graphic & details involved.what i would suggest is to delete all other pmdg product you have purchsed, reset you computer and just have the 737 running, see how that works.I.ve had this problem, but now it's fix.The md-11 & 747 is not as high graphical which is why they work.Praying.gif

It's none of that, trust me. My computer can render graphics in the background, play a movie and still fly the NGX with no issues or lack of power at all (not joking!). Besides that, i've tried it on my laptop and the same happens with the FMC. It's an NGX problem, and i'm just wondering if it's being looked at.

Hello,Is the constant flickering of the mouse cursor when hovering on the FMC keypad (either 3D or 2D) being addressed in the SP1?This is a problem that does exist (unlike i've been told before, someone blamed it on FSX) and that doesn't occur on any other aircraft i have. iFly 737NG, Wilco Airbus/Embraer, DA Fokker, PMDG MD-11/747 and more all work fine. With PMDG's 737 NGX there's flicker and very noticeable.Thank you for reading.
I hear you. I have a prob with the mouse sucking up frames each time I use it in the NGX. Might be at 20 fps, as soon as I intro the mouse the frames drop by at least 5. Don't see that on my other a/c in FSX.Rgds,

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers