Sign in to follow this  
IFR7700

VATSIM event with the NGX

That is what i am doing, going to go from somewhere in England to Frankfurt. I will show up late, and then burn it behind them. I just don't have the time for that long of a haul, wish I could but my wife would more than likely kill me.I would really suggest getting one of the apps applied above so you can see atc, and where they are and just log in and listen. Go (if available) from Ground all the way up. Once you get in there, you will pick it up fast. It is so fun. Once you get set up, if you want, let me know and we can do a easy jump somewhere together, and see how close ATC can put us with eachother at our destination.

OK, great. Nix on the big event, but I am definitely up to some local stuff. FSINN is it, and I'm off to figure it out. Thanks for all the replys so far. If nothing else, can't I just park the plane and watch the event takeoff over here then log out park the plane over there and watch them fly in without actually flying myself?
If you just want to listen you can press the "stealth" button on fsinn. You can then see all other planes and hear all ATC but they can not see or be disturbed by you.

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.

Bakaman, yes, you can run Sqwakbox out of FS if that's what you were asking. And, I agree, FSInn seems more "pro" but a bit more complicated (probably for that reason).great responses all - what a rather worthwhile forum!Jim Parish

Okay I spent a little time today with SP1 and the 6700, and the rest of the day and all night trying to get FSinn to work. I give up. Tomorrow, it's SB time. Will update further. Obviously, I didn't get to participate in any form on the big VATSIM event. Maybe the next one.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

The FMC wil have all the times and waypoints just look there for the info for your report
Sorry guys, but on the PMDG NGX 738 FSX where can I find my sequential postion reports?I have been searching everywhere on the FMC and can't seem to find it;Can someone out there post me a link or a page on the PMDG manual how and where I have to look?thanks aheadHansBrugge, Belgium

It's good to start with sqwakbox much more easy and lunch in an external window, inside FSX is not smart as there is a bug with "smartassebly error" that come often.

It's good to start with sqwakbox much more easy and lunch in an external window, inside FSX is not smart as there is a bug with "smartassebly error" that come often.
That's the problem with CrapBox, I mean SquawkBox. Running it externally is horrible, because you have to Alt Tab every time you want to transmit something and if you don't want to alt tab, you have to download a Stay on Top program. I don't use FSInn, because it is heavy on FPS.

My new Audio FX Pro Headset came by FedEx today. It was the very last thing I needed to try flying online. I have registered at VATSIM, and done a lot of reading. I am very confident flying the NGX. I can manipulate the FMC in the air to any forseeable ATC direction. The only thing I am a bit worried about is the unknown. I don't have a clue what to expect from ATC from the gate to departure. After that, I would be okay. Even arrivals don't worry me much. I am also a little confused about how to hook up your computer to VATSIM. Some of the tutorials and videos are conflicted.They have a big event scheduled for tomorrow. I know a lot of people on this forum fly VATSIM, and I was wondering if you think a complete noob like me could participate, and what I should expect. Step by step. Thanks in advance.
Hey,Really good thing to go into online flying. You will learn alot the next coming weeks/months. You might even make some friends!I personally joined IVAO but that's not the point.In response to your question about the big event: I don't think it's wise to participate. The amount of traffic can be high and the pressure/expectations on ATC and pilots can be high. People just won't have the time to help you or explain things as they would when its more calm.Bert Van BulckOne other thing: don't forget to fly also VFR stuff (like cessna etc...). Start with it by preference.Also have a look at the ATC side: very exciting!Bert Van Bulck

My new Audio FX Pro Headset came by FedEx today. It was the very last thing I needed to try flying online. I have registered at VATSIM, and done a lot of reading. I am very confident flying the NGX. I can manipulate the FMC in the air to any forseeable ATC direction. The only thing I am a bit worried about is the unknown. I don't have a clue what to expect from ATC from the gate to departure. After that, I would be okay. Even arrivals don't worry me much. I am also a little confused about how to hook up your computer to VATSIM. Some of the tutorials and videos are conflicted.They have a big event scheduled for tomorrow. I know a lot of people on this forum fly VATSIM, and I was wondering if you think a complete noob like me could participate, and what I should expect. Step by step. Thanks in advance.
Look and listen to part1 of my KLM763 EDDS to LOWI movie and you hear exact what you can expect starting with getting your IFR clearance for departure... Parts are recorded from online VATSIM communication...http://www.youtube.c...u/0/J9LQOIySPKUIf you are not familiar with ATC, try to do a test first or park on a gate/stand for a few times as observer listning to the procedures of other online pilots and ATC..Happy learning and landings...

That's the problem with CrapBox, I mean SquawkBox. Running it externally is horrible, because you have to Alt Tab every time you want to transmit something and if you don't want to alt tab, you have to download a Stay on Top program. I don't use FSInn, because it is heavy on FPS.
Windowed mode

Was good too.
The bad part is that the controllers there (especially approach) had HORRIBLE mics (BTW, I joined after the event was over, but approach for EIDW or whatever the code is was still online) so I couldn't complete my delivery. dry.png

The bad part is that the controllers there (especially approach) had HORRIBLE mics (BTW, I joined after the event was over, but approach for EIDW or whatever the code is was still online) so I couldn't complete my delivery. dry.png
I've notice that happens a lot. I've been "sitting in" on a lot of VATSIM lately, learning the jargon,cadence, phraseology, etc., and I've noticed quite a few controllers and pilots have horrible sounding microphones. You would think ...

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

I've notice that happens a lot. I've been "sitting in" on a lot of VATSIM lately, learning the jargon,cadence, phraseology, etc., and I've noticed quite a few controllers and pilots have horrible sounding microphones. You would think ...
It's actually not always their microphones. I have gotten on TeamSpeak with a couple of VATSIM friends and they sound perfect on TS, but horrible on VATSIM. I guess the connection is just bad.