Sign in to follow this  

I have been a user of ASE since it was first introduced but have had countless problems. I never was able to get reliable weather depictions within FSX while enroute. To make matters worse it would be a rare occasion if the weather at destination was any where close to what was showing in the ASE display for that airport. The pressure and visibility would usually be correct but nothing else.When SP3 was introduced I tried it but had serious frame-rate issues and as in the past got nowhere with support. Then Damian came on the scene and encouraged me to do a complete uninstall and new install and finally explained what the different modes did. I followed his advice and then added the new Beta upgrade and it has completely changed my flightsim experience.Thank you, Damian, for taking active control of support. I am finally able to fly with complete confidence that the enroute weather I am observing within FSX is what it should be. My FSX and ASE are always in total sync. DWC mode did pose some challenges for me when my FSX ATC would assign the wrong runway on approach due to the way the DWC was structured. Damian very patiently explained it to me and I have since found that I am able to very successfully employ Standard mode without any frame-rate issues even with ConcordeX and PMDG NGX. I sometimes use DWC for first part of the flight to avoid experiencing FSX idiosyncracies but then as I begin descent switch over to Standard and ATC then always assigns correct runway. Either mode has been displaying very accurate and exact weather. Again thank you, Damian, for an excellent version of the program. I look forward to whatever enhancements become available in the upcoming ASE 2012.

I agree. Damian has been AWESOME!!!! I wasn't going to get the next version with the problems I had with ASE. Now the problems seem to be fixed and I can't wait until the next version. BTW HiFly, I'm right across the bay from you outside of Tampa.

Thanks for the words gentlemen, it is much appreciated!

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies