Sign in to follow this  
Daniel choen

Cold N dark

Hey kenneth,i have just purchased the AOA and i have one question, i saw DVD 2 takeoff technique, and the thrust limit on his plane are showing with numbers, like 99.9 and stuff, on my plane its showing 1.44 and stuff, how can i change it? i didnt see that he did something special? thanks again, Daniel
I bought AOA too...I wish there was some way of changing that guy's voice who did the voice over - he sounds like some sort of automaton castrated Dearth Vader....boy is he an irritating piece of work. Do you think he is real or is it some sort of Text To Speech recognition? No one really speaks like that, or has such a less subtle sense of humour...is he a Cyborg?I can just imagine this "Stephen Hawking" creature flipping his little paddles to adjust flaps whilst barely managing to keep alive.....sad ,sad, sad...maybe his mother loves him!

Daniel Choen,All the PMDG aircraft selections show the engine type, e.g. Boeing 747-400 GE PMDG House Livery, Boeing 747-400 RR British Airways, etc. You can see which engines the selection you are using has, and you can replace it with one with GE engines and find out for yourself what the difference is.Also, you can see, in the IDENT page in the FMC, the engine type is shown as 80C2B5F for GE, PW4062 for PW or RB211-524G for RR.

Dugald Walker

I bought AOA too...I wish there was some way of changing that guy's voice who did the voice over - he sounds like some sort of automaton castrated Dearth Vader....boy is he an irritating piece of work. Do you think he is real or is it some sort of Text To Speech recognition? No one really speaks like that, or has such a less subtle sense of humour...is he a Cyborg?I can just imagine this "Stephen Hawking" creature flipping his little paddles to adjust flaps whilst barely managing to keep alive.....sad ,sad, sad...maybe his mother loves him!
The voice you hear in the 744 training is Chris, the director of AoA, and as far as I know that's his normal voice. I've never really noticed anything odd about it.

Thank you!, i noticed that there is a little differences between the engines, on the N1,i have a one more question to you if i may: i saw the last part of the AOA DVD3 the full flight video, i saw the papers at the beginning, where can i get this kind of information where can i get these papers?, thanks again btw the AOA was worth every penny! ,Daniel

The voice you hear in the 744 training is Chris, the director of AoA, and as far as I know that's his normal voice. I've never really noticed anything odd about it.
You have never heard anything "odd" about it?The guy sounds like he is from outer space! - Don't tell me that you "laughed" at his "jokes" too did you? I have had sick animals put to sleep that sounded better than poor Chris, he really needs to get a voice double as after about 2 minutes listening to his nasal whining, you just want to chuck!

it is really if you were to be totally honest with yourself! - He sounds like he has a PMDG 747 stuck up his butt! - Come on, be fair! (I'll say one thing here - at least you lot seem to have a sense of humour - I made a joke about Chris and his irritating speech impediment on another SIM forum and it was as if I had smighted the Lord himself - come on - be honest - who can sit through almost 3 hours of Chris whining on like buzzing fly? - I don't dispute his knowledge, and the DVDs are really useful, but the bloke rubs you up like sandpaper! Why on earth did he not pay for that lovely girl that does the SKYPE Soundtest to host the DVD - she makes me dream..........................That asides, a question for the more knowlegeable.I posted earlier about limiting the add ons to one or so trusted vendors, and I truly stand by this - Tampa add ons completely ruined my Autogen.I have however found that UK Scenery add ons seem pretty good. they alter nothing just add to the effects.The question is - UK Scenery seem to have some tie in with Horizon - I currently use UK2000 -VFR Scenery Vol. 1,2,3 I also use a few of their Xtreme airports (not loaded twice) I also use Dreamscapes Pro Mesh Uk,. and a load of VFR UK Scenery add on airfields.The question being, I am considering buying the 9GB add on for S.E England from Just Flight. Would I need to uninstall anything or will JF just re write everything? You see in the past I have had a few niggles about JF - basically none of their products work first time if you have anything other than basic FSX installed.Call me a fool, or whatever, but I love FSX, I keep getting bitten though by these software dogs that sell incompatible rubbish!Please read this post in a Dalek like voice imagining you had a PMDG AOA Aircraft wedged where the sun doesn't shine - The guy has a pretty poor sense of humour too...I'd hate to be his kids - or his wife!

it is really if you were to be totally honest with yourself! - He sounds like he has a PMDG 747 stuck up his butt! - Come on, be fair! (I'll say one thing here - at least you lot seem to have a sense of humour - I made a joke about Chris and his irritating speech impediment on another SIM forum and it was as if I had smighted the Lord himself - come on - be honest - who can sit through almost 3 hours of Chris whining on like buzzing fly? - I don't dispute his knowledge, and the DVDs are really useful, but the bloke rubs you up like sandpaper! Why on earth did he not pay for that lovely girl that does the SKYPE Soundtest to host the DVD - she makes me dream..........................That asides, a question for the more knowlegeable.I posted earlier about limiting the add ons to one or so trusted vendors, and I truly stand by this - Tampa add ons completely ruined my Autogen.I have however found that UK Scenery add ons seem pretty good. they alter nothing just add to the effects.The question is - UK Scenery seem to have some tie in with Horizon - I currently use UK2000 -VFR Scenery Vol. 1,2,3 I also use a few of their Xtreme airports (not loaded twice) I also use Dreamscapes Pro Mesh Uk,. and a load of VFR UK Scenery add on airfields.The question being, I am considering buying the 9GB add on for S.E England from Just Flight. Would I need to uninstall anything or will JF just re write everything? You see in the past I have had a few niggles about JF - basically none of their products work first time if you have anything other than basic FSX installed.Call me a fool, or whatever, but I love FSX, I keep getting bitten though by these software dogs that sell incompatible rubbish!Please read this post in a Dalek like voice imagining you had a PMDG AOA Aircraft wedged where the sun doesn't shine - The guy has a pretty poor sense of humour too...I'd hate to be his kids - or his wife!
Hey wiliam,i think you put to much attention to it, instead of be focus on the videos, your life will be more easier if will ignore this unimportant thing, and i am saying it for you without any anger or nerves, hope you will enjoy the vids, Daniel(: