Sign in to follow this  
Japo32

HDG mode (autopilot) works sometimes but not always

This is a very extrange issue. I don't know if that is because I am doing something wrong but I load the plane and sometimes it does it right others not.Here is an screenshoot.As you can see I am leveled at 12000 ft following the HDG mode.. but if you see the cyan mark of the HDG is to the right some degrees.. but the plane is leveled and following other direction.I have made 4 flights with the plane. 2 did it wrong like this one (maybe the bug was on the left, the other time) and the other 2 was correct.I cannot reproduce when is going wrong.. only thing is I start the plane soon and make preparations to tune frequencies.. etc... Maybe the "gyroscope" is "broken" with time???Just after this flight.. I just loaded the plane again over the runway and did it right.What I am doing wrong??? is it a bug?Sometimes I have seen that the taxi light don't follow correctly the direction of the pedal I press... Maybe is a bad loading?If the plane has this issue with the Heading.. It also cannot follow correctly a NAV plan.This issue is making me nuts...Any light in this is welcome!!Thanks.

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane

Also I don't understand the why the HDG is cyan and purple... In purple I can rotate the bug.... but in cyan it is supposed to be sync with other instrument. which one?In course cyan it is sync with course2 (don't know if it works with course1) of the vor course knob instrument below-left to the aspen instrument. But the cyan HDG doesn't change with the HDG knob of the below-right instrument....it is not explained in the instructions, that I believe they are too bad and not explain almost anything of the instruments of the plane.

Now I remember, both bad HDG modes flights where when I made a pushback with turn, at the beggining. Have to check out, but maybe do a pushback, breaks something inside the plane....Those turns in pushbacks where one to right and other to left..... and I had issues in HDG in left and right.

Yes.. this is true. If you make a pushback with turn.. the plane looses something.. that make the HDG mode to fail. No pushbacks then.. or fix by Carenado. Suppose in all his planes that uses same autopilot happens this.

I have not seen this, but if it happens again, use the "D" key to reset the heading indicatorand see if it fixes it. Also cross check the heading indicator with the compass.

Bert