Sign in to follow this  
crosswind

Mountain Flying on one engine

These images are taken only with "Shade", and there is no editing or darkening/brightening, except for the one image with some slight blurring.Beautiful view out the right rear windowGorgeous Nepal mountain topsClose upYeah though I fly through the valley of death....I shall fear no mountain, for my Duke is with me, my controls and my PT6s comfort me!!!Enjoy

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Those images aren't just good...they're great. Numbers 2 and 3 have got to rank among the all-time best I've ever seen. Thanks for posting.John

Thanks....that little program Shade has some potential....

Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip

Love'em!!!!!Big Grin.gif

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Just a bit dark,but great shots.nebojsa

I agree that they a a bit dark, which is the setting for the Shade preset "Shepard's Delight"

Banner_MJC8.png

its more Shepard's Dedark.But, honestly, you made very fine shots. I just dont like them so dark. Shadows and shades ok, but so dark. Look outside, everything is bright and very vibrant, only at dusk and night it isnt.So, not you, but all the repliers, please enlight(!) me on this? why you like the dark shots so much ?

Nice set of shots there Simeon!

So, not you, but all the repliers, please enlight(!) me on this? why you like the dark shots so much ?
Always wondered the same myself. On a normal sunny day the ground from above is bright and even washed out in some cases. I have also noticed a trend since Enb came out where a lot of screen shots are posted with super dark daytime conditions. While it looks nice in screen shots its far from realistic looking. I've also seen a lot of shots and videos where people have reduced the saturation so much that the world almost appears gray or black and white.Then again how a screen shot looks on one persons screen might be a lot different that what it looks like on someone elses screen just due to different adjustments and brightness.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks for the comment. Jim you are correct in that visuals may appear different on each and everyone's monitor. That is what happens if it appears dark to me, I am sure to ask, but some of the images that appear dark to me others have advised that they are not dark. these however are straight from the Shade user profiles, while some angles did appear darker than some, it reveals a rather distinct image which I liked.

Banner_MJC8.png