Sign in to follow this  
Dicko

Has original installer been updated to SP1?

Has the original installer been updated to SP1?

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

Has the original installer been updated to SP1?
I would not think so !!Service Packs are usually a seperate file (installer)Fred.

I would not think so !!Service Packs have always been a seperate file (installer)Fred.
Thanks Fred, Base Pack then SP1, clear as mud.

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

check the version number in the latest installer think some one has mentioned if you installed the latest one from the store it has the sp1 included not sure was mention in the sp1 thread

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

As a matter of fact, I just downloaded the installer again from PMDG.....if you just get the original installer....it comes with SP1 already. V.3057One complete installer. Still having the 2D panel issue.....haven't fixed that yet.

As a matter of fact, I just downloaded the installer again from PMDG.....if you just get the original installer....it comes with SP1 already. V.3057One complete installer.Still having the 2D panel issue.....haven't fixed that yet.
A little confusing, I am now downloading the original installer so this will incorporate SP1?

Andrew Dixon

A little confusing, I am now downloading the original installer so this will incorporate SP1?
Sorry bout thatThe Original installer does incorporate SP1.

Sorry about that !Up to now the service packs have always been seperate. Having the SP1 included in the base pack is a great idea.Fred.

Sorry bout thatThe Original installer does incorporate SP1.
Thanks Chris, reckon I didn't have trouble finding that out! A simple question and a simple answer-yes. Thanks again

Andrew Dixon

Sorry about that !Up to now the service packs have always been seperate.Having the SP1 included in the base pack is a great idea.Fred.
Completely untrue - we have always updated the full version with any service packs on the same day the product is released. It's been this way from the start here, all products.I do want to say though that we do NOT give free redownloads for this - you need to buy EDS if you want it. The full installer is functionally identical to an older one plus the SP1 patch - we are directly replacing files with the patch and there is zero difference between the two options. It is a total waste of bandwidth to do redownloads just for this.
Where can I get SP-1?
First link on this page:http://www.precision...ds/updates.html

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I must apologize. I was looking for the MSFS9 SP-1. I did a search for "service pack-1" and didn't realize I walked into a PMDG discussion.Would you be so kind as to tell me where I can download the MSFS9 SP-1. Many thanks

I did not know that Ryan.I only ever purchased the 737ng and the NGX and always used the service packs from the downloads page.I did not know the RTM versions included the service packs...................until now.Sorry if my post misled anyone.Fred.