Sign in to follow this  
raymar

Preferred method to uninstall 737NGX for a clean new install

Would someone tell me the best method to uninstall the NGX.. Robert recommends it, but, I'm not sure how to do it. Thanks.win7 64 FSX/accelRay

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

The read me recommends using the installer to uninstall the NGX, not the control panel. I forgot, but it doesn't seem to make much difference. I manually deleted the NGX files from FSX and AppData after the uninstallation. Also, don't forget to run the EZCA configurator after you reinstall the NGX and add SP1.

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

If you run the original install file, it will appear with three options, one of which is to uninstall completely...or you can run an uninstall through Windows using the "Control Panel", "Uninstall a Program" option. Be careful you choose the 737ngx this way as I nearly chose 747-400 liveries insteadWhew.gif ...best option is first way I'd suggest.

If I choose to uninstall via Installer, it tells me I have a newer version, which should be uninstalled first. Hints?EDIT: nevermind. Done via Control Panel.

Rafael Henrique Carelli

Thanks guys. I used the REMOVE choice button in the original installer. Rebooted, Installed using the original Aug 6, 2011 installer, immediately ran SP1 and all is well. I guess. I can't seem to install any liveries with the v1.05 livery manager, but, I can manually.Ray

There is a New livery manager with the SP1 Ray !!Ver 1.08.
Excellent. I shall go looking for it. I was downloading a few of the new livieries from the PMDG site when you message posted. thanks.RayBigger than Ike. V 1.08 was there waiting for me. You have to delete all the old liveries for the new 1.08 to install from the PMDG site download list.Ray

Official clean install from scratch method as it applies to installing the SP1 patch:1. Remove the NGX from Control Panel/Programs & Features.2. Manually delete the FSXPMDGPMDG 737 NGX and any NGX folders still left over in FSXSimObjectsAirplanes3. Reinstall from your original installer.4. Install SP1 patch version.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Official clean install from scratch method as it applies to installing the SP1 patch:1. Remove the NGX from Control Panel/Programs & Features.2. Manually delete the FSXPMDGPMDG 737 NGX and any NGX folders still left over in FSXSimObjectsAirplanes3. Reinstall from your original installer.4. Install SP1 patch version.
Definitely should pin this post.

Dylan Charles

"The aircraft G-limits are only there in case there is another flight by that particular airplane. If subsequent flights do not appear likely, there are no G-limits."

Is there any way I can access the keyboard combos (some .cfg file or so), because I did some changes in the key commands and it'll be a pain trying to redo them?I just noticed the shortcuts.ini file. Can I just paste this file into the PMDG/PMDG737NGX folder, and will I have my shortcuts, retained? Thanks anyone

PMDG-777-EK-SIG-MAY1713-2_zps6f2ed2be.pn

Chidiebere Anyahara

Can anyone offer me some guidance on this? I downloaded SP1 and was anticipating once I ran the .exe that there would be a 'Remove' button to select. The only option that it gave me was to install the SP1. Have I simply missed a big step and not downloaded a separate installer program at this point? I'm pretty confused. My understanding was that I was to download SP1, which included the new installer. Then remove it completely through that option and then redownload the NGX which would have the SP1 update included and go from there. Any help would be great - I feel like an idiot, but am totally confused at this point

Can anyone offer me some guidance on this? I downloaded SP1 and was anticipating once I ran the .exe that there would be a 'Remove' button to select. The only option that it gave me was to install the SP1. Have I simply missed a big step and not downloaded a separate installer program at this point? I'm pretty confused. My understanding was that I was to download SP1, which included the new installer. Then remove it completely through that option and then redownload the NGX which would have the SP1 update included and go from there.Any help would be great - I feel like an idiot, but am totally confused at this point
You need to follow the instructions provided by Tabs in this post. The original installer he refers to is the 658mb file you downloaded when you originally purchaced the NGX - my file is called PMDG_737_8900_NGX.zip