Sign in to follow this  
RickButler

Loading A Panel State Locks Up The CDU?

I installed the SP1 for the 800, tried loading a cold and dark panel state, and the CDU locked up with the message "LOADING SAVED PANEL STATE", so I thought, oh, must have to do like Robert said, and re-install the whole deal, so re-installed the whole deal, but never tried it again because of the 600/700 pack. So got the 600/700 pack installed, and went to fire up, went to load the cold and dark in the 600, and I got the same thing. I can work around it, will just do a shut down, takes all of 2 minutes extra, but just thought I would mention it. Should I send in a ticket for this as well?Other than it looks GREAT! Just firing up for my first flight in the 600.

Same issue, removed and reinstalled NGX as per the recommend instructions,installed NGX,SP1,then 6700,issue remains.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

clicking on the CDU refreshes the screen...

Jude Bradley

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

I just submitted ticket 3E3-163EFF63-9BF1

Jude Bradley

I had the same problem, fixed it by totally installing all NGX stuff, then installed the original base pack, then sp1, then the 600/700

I did exactly the same in the same order and yet I still have the issue,that's why I raised the ticket.

Jude Bradley

Go to the FSXPMDGPMDG 737 NGXPanelSate folder - open each one of the NGX*.sav files in notepad or a similar plaintext editor - find the line under [CDU.0] that says "2DOpen=1" - set it to 0 and the problem will be fixedThis should solve the loading panel state problem.

Ryan posted this yesterday !!Fred.***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************We found the source of the the blank captain's FMC CDU when using panel states late last night - it'll be fixed shortly in an update but the fix is quite simple if you want to do it yourself right now:Go to the FSXPMDGPMDG 737 NGXPanelSate folder - open each one of the NGX*.sav files in notepad or a similar plaintext editor - find the line under [CDU.0] that says "2DOpen=1" - set it to 0 and the problem will be fixed.The panel states were saved with the 2D popup version of the FMC open and the code wasn't accounting for it - the VC version blanks out if the 2D one is open to save performance and it thinks the 2D is open when it isn't - that's the source of the problem.Ryan Maziarz

I just applied this fix myself, and it caused the 2D panel FMC to stop operating at the FMC menu level. IOW, if I press LSK1L where "FMC" is, nothing happens. Changing it back.Don't have a problem. I was trying to load the FMC while the airplane was "Cold and DARK" Duh

Edited by IFR7700

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

I have had the same problem and have found if you click on the CDU to bring up the 2D panel;it then unlocks it and it remains unlocked when you reclose the 2D panel