Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Post SP1 - do not use old panel states and option inis!

Everyone,We forgot to specifically mention this earlier tonight:Panel states and aircraft option inis created with pre-SP1 versions of the NGX are not compatible with SP1. We tried to avoid this but too many things changed and they have to be remade. Livery artwork itself is ok, but the options ini needs to be remade in the SP1 FMC.Panel states need to be remade using the SP1 FMC as well - old ones are going to cause weird problems, we've already seen some reports that are probably the result of this.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

In addition, YOU HAVE TO DO CLEAN REINSTALL. (not recommended as wrote in release post, you have to.)It is impossible to set Key Commands with SP1 overwrite. (No EXEC lighting up after key pressed.)

RyanI've tried several times but unable to download SP1. If I press Save or save as nothing happens. If I press open it appears to download for a while then I get a message saying this file can't be downloaded? Any ideas? Never experienced this before with any download.Windows 7 64bit Pro

In addition, YOU HAVE TO DO CLEAN REINSTALL. (not recommended as wrote in release post, you have to.)It is impossible to set Key Commands with SP1 overwrite. (No EXEC lighting up after key pressed.)
Eh, you positive you *have* to do a clean reinstall of the NGX? I patched SP1 and installed the 600/700 with no apparent side-effects; No re-install performed.

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

Gents-To follow up with what Ryan said- we made a significant number of changes to panel states and saved flights.I STRONGLY encourage you to delete any/all panel states and saved flights that you created prior to SP1...They MIGHT work... but in most cases there will be hidden problems that will just cause you headaches later...Contrary to the poster above: You do not have to do a clean install of the NGX/SP1. We recommend it- but it is NOT required...We recommend it simply because it gives you a good clean slate to work with- and it doesn't cost you anything to reinstall... so you might as well!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Hi Ryan,NGX and SP1 installed but I can not activation.I bought tickets for the same problem yesterday, but received no response.OrderID (if known): 171687Waiting for the help ...ThanksSoner

RyanManaged to download using another pc. So please forget above post from me.Thank you

Hi Ryan,NGX and SP1 installed but I can not activation.I bought tickets for the same problem yesterday, but received no response.OrderID (if known): 171687Waiting for the help ...ThanksSoner
Soner-I looked over your order and your license records and I do not see anything amiss.If you did an uninstall/reinstall on the same computer you will not normally be asked to reactivate.If you are being asked to reactivate, please be certain that you are putting the correct KEY into the window, or you will not get an activation approval.

Hi Ryan and/or RobSP1 is great and just had a quick flight. As I understand it I should download the new liveries and install those. I have one livery (Thomson) that has been made by another user before SP1. Is there any way I can still use this repaint? Thanks

Nixon-Try it and report back!The issue we are primarily concerned about is saved flights and panel states. Ryan is our livery installation expert, but I believe he fell asleep after spending the whole day at the NHRA Drag Racing track outside Las Vegas.... Who knew he liked such a thing. Shocked.gif

Hi Ryan or Robert ,wich version do i have to instal with the sp1 , 2888 or 2922 or doesn't it matters ?Thanks in advance ,Best regards ,Gérard

Soner-I looked over your order and your license records and I do not see anything amiss.If you did an uninstall/reinstall on the same computer you will not normally be asked to reactivate.If you are being asked to reactivate, please be certain that you are putting the correct KEY into the window, or you will not get an activation approval.
Thank you RobertSoner

Hey guys,Just to be sure (because I dont want to mess anything up too badly).....where do I find the panel states/saved flights files, and which ones do I need to delete?Last night I installed SP1. After reading RSR's advice this morning, however, I might uninstall the -8900, reinstall it, and then install the SP1. I assume this will likely make the removal of the panel states a moot point. BUT...if I choose not to uninstall, etc, I still would like to know which files to delete. Many thanks.

Panel states are saved here on my PC E:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesMicrosoft Flight Simulator XPMDGPMDG 737 NGXPanelStateRog

Rog Hanson