Sign in to follow this  
Tabs

Post SP1 - do not use old panel states and option inis!

Gents-To follow up with what Ryan said- we made a significant number of changes to panel states and saved flights.I STRONGLY encourage you to delete any/all panel states and saved flights that you created prior to SP1...They MIGHT work... but in most cases there will be hidden problems that will just cause you headaches later...Contrary to the poster above: You do not have to do a clean install of the NGX/SP1. We recommend it- but it is NOT required...We recommend it simply because it gives you a good clean slate to work with- and it doesn't cost you anything to reinstall... so you might as well!
Ryan, I did a complete reinstall and now cannot install. it says i am out of activations!

Ryan, I did a complete reinstall and now cannot install. it says i am out of activations!
Open a ticket & they'll reset it for you

Hello, I reinstall all. All seems ok, only a message on FMC when I choose NGX Cold and Dark. (in VC)Look on picture82157285.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.usMessage was not dissapear. Only when I click on FMC to open 2D FMC.

Ivo Crni

it is necessary the instalation of new 737-800/900 before use the SP1?
Frank,The -800/900 is the "base" package. You need to have this installed BEFORE you install SP1. If you have it already, you can just install SP1 over it, although Capt Randazzo has suggested that you uninstall the base package, reinstall it, and then install SP1. After all of these are installed, you can then install the -600/700 (if you've purchased it).

Robert or Ryan,Does this mean that any .ini files included with repaints we've uploaded need to be discarded upon installation of the repaint?To ask it another way, should we advise anyone downloading repaints created prior to sp1 to throw away the ini file before using the paint?

Chris Hicks

Hello, I reinstall all. All seems ok, only a message on FMC when I choose NGX Cold and Dark. (in VC)Look on picture82157285.jpgUploaded with ImageShack.usMessage was not dissapear. Only when I click on FMC to open 2D FMC.
Same problem here

Nixon-Ryan is our livery installation expert, but I believe he fell asleep after spending the whole day at the NHRA Drag Racing track outside Las Vegas.... Who knew he liked such a thing. Shocked.gif
Lucky Ryan smile.png Must make sure to check ESPN's schedule over here in the UK and set the recorder.Dave

Hi guys.I followed all instructions and when I try to install SP1 it is said that this version already installed. So do I need to force SP in anyway? Also I have same problem, "loading...." in FMS won't go away till I click on a screen. It happens everytime. Also FOs side is dead and cannot power it up. I have reinstalled two times already. Are there any signs saying that SP has been installed correctly? Thx

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

IvoI have the same problem, i have put in a support ticket so will let you know the response.

IvoI have the same problem, i have put in a support ticket so will let you know the response.
I had the same problem. I got around this by connecting external power and then shutting everything down thereby creating my own C&D but with external connection. Save this as your own C&D.

Guest firehawk44
Eh, you positive you *have* to do a clean reinstall of the NGX? I patched SP1 and installed the 600/700 with no apparent side-effects; No re-install performed.
Same here.Best regards,Jim Young

Same problem here. I did an uninstall, and a reinstall. I removed my old panel states, and .ini's before the re-install.- John
Same problem here. I did an uninstall, and a reinstall. I removed my old panel states, and .ini's before the re-install.- John
Update: If I undock the FMC from the VC before I load the ColdDark panel state, it works. I can then dock it back, and I still have control over the FMC. - John

Been reading for about an hour now, i was just passing true and wanted to double check where to place the "FMC Aircrac Update" ? As i havnt played for awhile and outdated now, i think its C:programsmicrosoft gamespmdgnav data, and then noticed SP1. Well i went on to read down true the "captions" hugh refix post and it all sounds great till now. Thank god i stayed reading coz if i didn id prob need a new pc and be locked up by now with all the frustrating you guys are after been true if it was me id bounce my pc true my neibhours window. After uninstalling/reinstall step by step and then this happens, damg that. SP1 really sounds great but do you's think i should wait couple of days till this beta is fixed ? Thanks guys oh yea am i right with that nav data ffolder ? >c: programs(86)microsoft gamesflight sim xpmdgnavdata ?? Nice1 guys. Macky