Sign in to follow this  
myaudi

LGAV Athens - Active Sky Evolution

Hello,I am using FS9 and Active Sky Evolution and having difficulties to get real weather for LGAV.I have read in the forum that there are some changes need to be done since LGAV is a new airportWhen moving to LGAT the real weather loads correct.I also tested using Active Sky 6.5, then I get real weather for LGAV.Can anyone please help me so I can get real weather when using Active Sky Evolution for LGAV?I have installed the latest version.Its a bit annoying to have only few clouds when real weather confirms broken clouds with light rain...I tested LGTS and LGSA and here the weather load correctly. So the only airport I have this problem with is LGAV.Thanks in advance and kind regards,Eddie

Hello,FS9 (or FSX) does not include LGAV as a "physical station", so there is no where to map the data to. The solution is to add the "LGAV" station using the Edit Station Data tap in the options screen, in the Physical Stations list.This differs from ASv6.5 where we simply replaced the output data for LGAT (overriden with LGAV). In ASE you have both stations independently handled on the server end and it's up to the client configuration (physical station database) on how to associate this data.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies

Thank you so much Damian, did as you said and now I get real weather for LGAV using ASE.Regards,Eddie

Damien,Can we not have some sort of collective database of these missing stations so together we can fill in the gaps ?Graham

Hello,Documenting all the stations which FS9 vs. FSX does not have compared to constant changes in the real world is not something that is (yet) in the scope of our weather engine product. The station database tools were implemented for this reason, to allow a user to make changes in the areas they fly in with information that they are aware of, including station id changes and addition/deletion of stations.

Damian Clark
HiFi  Simulation Technologies