Sign in to follow this  
namida

Post SP1 issues (new, fixed, and not fixed)

First, my thank to PMDG team for SP1.Let me make these concise with images. Many part of this articles are duplicated in the forum, but I built up here for make them simple.New - RA shows -4 instead of 0 while on the ground. It shows 0 correctly when landing, but as nose drops, RA goes to minus value.aTfa.jpegFixed (possibly) - Couldn't see this again while testing several times with/without default weather/ASE.( http://forum.avsim.net/topic/346029-runway-flickering-with-ngx )8ogL.gifFixed - selecting SID transition *BEFORE* Runway.( http://forum.avsim.net/topic/344755-minor-glitch-fmc-trans-of-sid )aTdR.gifFixed - Copying custom waypoint. (Not tested but mentioned in SP1 release note)( http://forum.avsim.n...tinuity-problem )aTgb.gifNot Fixed - Panel state still cannot remember some parts of panel. (Worked well before applying hotfix 4)- Marker sound does not played when loading panel state saved with MKR knob pushed.- Transponder number and COM freq reset after loading modified panel state. Also two knobs moved to the right. ('2')( http://forum.avsim.n...ing-panel-state )aTfp.gifNot Fixed - Key Command binding kills access for Option Shortcut. For example below, I usually press [ ALT - O - R ] to watch replay.But after "O" key assigned for Strobe Light, pressing "O" key do it's action for NGX, and can't use FSX option function.When I assign "V" key, I can't use View option as well.I can accept this if it is FSX limitation but never been able to see a word from PMDG team.aTh0.gifNot Fixed - I'm using [ Ctrl + , (comma) ] for wheel chocks. When I remove chocks with shortcut key, it does not applies correctly.First, AIR UNIT still remains and follows NGX even doing pushback.Second, Pushback option does not updated until manually removes chocks WITH MOUSE CLICK.aThl.gifNot Fixed - Flight idle thrust doesn't go down enough where it should be. This is THE WORST thing brings me a headache.Though thrust decreases well, but when I press F1 key (or move throttle to forth and back again), N1 drops 2~5%.This issue causes NGX flying faster than FMC SPD or fly over VNAV PTH. It occurs even with no wind. (clear weather)( http://forum.avsim.n...dle-arm-problem )Well, some people could say it is not important at all but I play in my style and I love using shortcuts.And I'm sure the last one might REALLY ANNOYING who has this issue like me. For now, these are all I'm still suffering with.I've expected PMDG team would fix these with SP1, but seems I have to wait for another hotfix.

Peter-Thanks for your effort. A few feedback items for you:

New - RA shows -4 instead of 0 while on the ground. It shows 0 correctly when landing, but as nose drops, RA goes to minus value.aTfa.jpeg
This is correct behavior for the airplane. Consider the geometry of the airplane in the flare... you want the Radalt to tell you how much space you have between the MLG and the ground... Then when the airplane pitches level, (or even slightly nose-down in some cases) for the nose-wheel touchdown, the Radalt will read a negative number. This is true for nearly every transport airplane in the world.(We had this correctly implemented in the NGX during beta but somehow it got changed... so we re-corrected it with the SP1...)
Not Fixed - Panel state still cannot remember some parts of panel. (Worked well before applying hotfix 4)- Marker sound does not played when loading panel state saved with MKR knob pushed.- Transponder number and COM freq reset after loading modified panel state. Also two knobs moved to the right. ('2')( http://forum.avsim.n...ing-panel-state )aTfp.gif
This was on the list of items that was considered low priority. It may get picked up in SP2, but obviously, no promises.
Not Fixed - Key Command binding kills access for Option Shortcut. For example below, I usually press [ ALT - O - R ] to watch replay.But after "O" key assigned for Strobe Light, pressing "O" key do it's action for NGX, and can't use FSX option function.When I assign "V" key, I can't use View option as well.I can accept this if it is FSX limitation but never been able to see a word from PMDG team.aTh0.gif
Have you considered changing the key bindings? The bindings that are in there can be changed to anything you like...We considered shipping the airplane with no bindings at all, but when we discussed this internally we felt it would be easier for folks to see bindings in place and modify to suit.At any rate- you can change them to anything you like... that is part of the flexibility of the system.
Not Fixed - I'm using [ Ctrl + , (comma) ] for wheel chocks. When I remove chocks with shortcut key, it does not applies correctly.First, AIR UNIT still remains and follows NGX even doing pushback.Second, Pushback option does not updated until manually removes chocks WITH MOUSE CLICK.aThl.gif
The ground equipment was part of my code responsibility. During SP1 someone (ALEX!) added the key shortcut, but I knew nothing about it so it didn't get the testing it would otherwise have gotten.My recommendation: Be Pilot-In-Command. Make sure your airplane is ready before you push.... (then wait for SP2.)....
Not Fixed - Flight idle thrust doesn't go down enough where it should be. This is THE WORST thing brings me a headache.Though thrust decreases well, but when I press F1 key (or move throttle to forth and back again), N1 drops 2~5%.This issue causes NGX flying faster than FMC SPD or fly over VNAV PTH. It occurs even with no wind. (clear weather)( http://forum.avsim.n...dle-arm-problem )Well, some people could say it is not important at all but I play in my style and I love using shortcuts.And I'm sure the last one might REALLY ANNOYING who has this issue like me. For now, these are all I'm still suffering with.I've expected PMDG team would fix these with SP1, but seems I have to wait for another hotfix.
On this one I'm going to toss it back to pilotage. The thrust reduction and thrust selection process matches the airplane as it is flown out there in the real world... It is always incumbent upon the pilot to understand the airplane and how/why it may or may not behave in one way or another...There are a myraid of things that can impact thrust levels... If you aren't getting what you expect, then you may want to spend some time learning what is creating the issue for you. Use of anti-ice, the flight-idle thrust control process, etc. Did you know that on touchdown there are two different lengths of time that will pass before you get ground idle thrust? Do you know what causes the airplane to choose one over the other?These are the kinds of things that we modeled... and while it might create a steeper learning curve- once you take the time to learn them- you will really discover the joy of the airplane!

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Okay- Thank robert, all I asked was the answer, not a perfect solution. I'm already in peace with some items you have read about it.But a key command for the wheel chocks were already there since the release of NGX and don't know what is different.And I'm saying not only about Air Unit, but also logical programming error on CDU pages.The Idle Thrust problem.. Yes I learned so many things while since NGX has released and it was a BIG JOY!And I read entire PDF manual at least 3 times. (It took 2 weeks and didn't even run FSX at that period.)You kindly appointed I have to learn more about real NGs, half is right, half is wrong.I would learn as many thing as I can find about real plane. But as a simulation software, it is developer's duty to let end-users can handleit's functions. The PDF manual is amazing, but Many technical questions in this forum prove the manual is not perfect.I'm not telling it's not good, but please don't toss whole thing to users. I'm not a pilot and just a simmer who loves pro-simulation.Basically all I know about NGX is limited in PDF manual. Knowing beyond that is not a requirement for purchasing NGX.Hmm.. It might be seen as I'm upset, but I'm not. I'M SO HAPPY SOMEONE ANSWERED MY QUESTION asked long days ago.I'll find more solution for the last thing - idle thrust, and hope someday I could let everyone knows how to fix or avoid that issue.Thanks PMDG team.

Not sure if the thrust thing is the same as you report, however, even after SP1, with the AT disarmed, the thrust increases to 37-40% on final approach with the gear down. In the real aircraft, this does indeed happen when the A/T is armed, but not while A/T is disarmed. On the 800 (RL), gear down selected, the A/T is often disarmed due to this, in order to get the speed down efficiently. On the NGX however, I have to hold the F1 key in order to keep the correct N1 value, if not, the engines spools back up to 37-40%, and you can see the thrust levers move forward.

Note sure if the thrust thing is the same as you report, however, even after SP1, with the AT disarmed, the thrust increases to 37-40% on final approach with the gear down. In the real aircraft, this does indeed happen when the A/T is armed, but not while A/T is disarmed. On the 800 (RL), gear down selected, the A/T is often disarmed due to this, in order to get the speed down efficiently. On the NGX however, I have to hold the F1 key in order to keep the correct N1 value, if not, the engines spools back up to 37-40%, and you can see the thrust levers move forward.
Thrust levers stay at idle for me. But I don't use FSUIPC to calibrate the throttles.Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg