Sign in to follow this  
pete_auau

minor problem

Hi just wondering since downloaded the sp1 and the 600/700 i noticed now, after the ngx has loaded to the airport and has gone thru the 30 sec startup, i notice a sound which sounds like garbage cans being dropped outside the aircraft. And my switches for pack switches and the bleed air switches are in the on positon unlike prior where they were in the off position, As this not a big deal and the only thing i can find so far

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Peter-That sound is the "aircraft touchdown" sound playing as the airplane initializes. It should NOT be playing then, but apparently the code is getting triggered in a manner we didn't anticipate during aircraft load.The sound itself is set to vary in strength depending upon how firmly the airplane touches down.We'll see if we cannot kill that in SP2... (Of course, my preference would be to kill that sound altogether as I find it not to be realistic, but FSX leaves us with so few ways to do such a thing effectively it would be hard to replace... I was overruled on the implementation... c'est la vie...)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Peter-That sound is the "aircraft touchdown" sound playing as the airplane initializes. It should NOT be playing then, but apparently the code is getting triggered in a manner we didn't anticipate during aircraft load.The sound itself is set to vary in strength depending upon how firmly the airplane touches down.We'll see if we cannot kill that in SP2... (Of course, my preference would be to kill that sound altogether as I find it not to be realistic, but FSX leaves us with so few ways to do such a thing effectively it would be hard to replace... I was overruled on the implementation... c'est la vie...)
ah thx for that as i said no big deal just wonder what it was

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg