Sign in to follow this  
B777ER

Brake Temp's not working post SP1

The earliest full version of the NGX 800/900 that I have is the 15AUG11: 1.00.2916 version. I added on to that one up to HF4. After SP1 was released I uninstalled everything, made sure all folders were properly deleted. I then installed the aforementioned full version then the SP1 update over that with nothing else installed. I then installed some of the new liveries that were just released. I used the Austrian -800WL livery just now. Upon landing with autobrake 2 selected I noticed upon turning off the rwy the brake temps in the lower display all read 0.0. I tried a couple other livery then and all do the same thing. The brake temps are not moving off 0.0. Any advice?

Eric 

As I recall, several users already mentioned this on the forum prior to SP1. This seems to be the correct behaviour -- apparently, it takes a while for the heat from the brakes to reach the sensors. Continue monitoring the brake temperatures during the taxi-in -- you should see them rising as the brake heat reaches the sensors.

The earliest full version of the NGX 800/900 that I have is the 15AUG11: 1.00.2916 version. I added on to that one up to HF4. After SP1 was released I uninstalled everything, made sure all folders were properly deleted. I then installed the aforementioned full version then the SP1 update over that with nothing else installed. I then installed some of the new liveries that were just released. I used the Austrian -800WL livery just now. Upon landing with autobrake 2 selected I noticed upon turning off the rwy the brake temps in the lower display all read 0.0. I tried a couple other livery then and all do the same thing. The brake temps are not moving off 0.0. Any advice?
try do a rejected take off see how what the temps are than

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Eric-The temperature rise on the brakes will vary widely depending upon the temperature of the brake pad at the start of braking, the weight of the airplane, the speed of the airplane, the amount of energy absorbed from the airplane's velocity, etc.At lower weights/speeds it is possible that you may not see any registered brake temperature at all initially, and even after allowing time for thermal heat transfer, you may only see a very low number.Prior to SP1 we had the energy transfer calculation set a bit too aggressively. I revisited the physics behind the energy transfer and this caused a change in the computational method used- but it should now match the airplane in most circumstances.One item that is worth noting: We had to make a bit of compromise in the lower ABRK settings because the ground friction model in FSX is completely wrong. The rate of speed loss with simple dynamic rolling on a hard surface is far to great in FSX- and since we are actually calculating a live deceleration rate using the autobrake, there are times when our brake controller may reduce the brake pressure significantly below what it would be on the real airplane, but it must do this in order to obtain the correct rate of deceleration... (Imagine the runways covered in Peanut Butter... that is basically what ACES did with the ground friction model in FSX... )Thus at light weights with lower ABRK settings, the temperature may tend to undershoot slightly...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

A very interesting read--I always am so very impressed by the way PMDG figures these things out and the 737NGX has simply blown all my other payware addons out of the water.

Page 563 of the FCOM Vol.1 has a table for the Recommended Brake Cooling Schedule which speaks of the Brake Temperature Monitoring System being what seems to be a scale of the Event Adjusted Brake Energy. So in other words, because having millions of foot pounds on a display would be awkward and take up real estate, there is an equivalent scale used, which is the 0 through 7.5. So it's not a temperature as one might think.<2.5 means no action on the ground or while airborne, according to the FCOM.

i tried a RTO at full weight and At V1 and yes they do work eheh, and they cool slowly on the ground now too which is awsome.

A very interesting read--I always am so very impressed by the way PMDG figures these things out and the 737NGX has simply blown all my other payware addons out of the water.
Same for me. The only downside of this beauty: It degrades the rest of the planes to garbage. I just ditched all my other airplanes! (except my PMDG ones, ofcourse)

Eric-The temperature rise on the brakes will vary widely depending upon the temperature of the brake pad at the start of braking, the weight of the airplane, the speed of the airplane, the amount of energy absorbed from the airplane's velocity, etc.At lower weights/speeds it is possible that you may not see any registered brake temperature at all initially, and even after allowing time for thermal heat transfer, you may only see a very low number.Prior to SP1 we had the energy transfer calculation set a bit too aggressively. I revisited the physics behind the energy transfer and this caused a change in the computational method used- but it should now match the airplane in most circumstances.One item that is worth noting: We had to make a bit of compromise in the lower ABRK settings because the ground friction model in FSX is completely wrong. The rate of speed loss with simple dynamic rolling on a hard surface is far to great in FSX- and since we are actually calculating a live deceleration rate using the autobrake, there are times when our brake controller may reduce the brake pressure significantly below what it would be on the real airplane, but it must do this in order to obtain the correct rate of deceleration... (Imagine the runways covered in Peanut Butter... that is basically what ACES did with the ground friction model in FSX... )Thus at light weights with lower ABRK settings, the temperature may tend to undershoot slightly...
I understand much more clearly now why the ACES team broke up !!They ran out of peanut butter !!The scenery guys were eating it all.LOL.gif

hmmm....I am having this problem with SP1...just did a second flight...autobrakes set to 2, ZFW at 56.7 ton with 5ton of fuel at landing...brakes temp remained at zero at the end of th elanding rollout...I taxied out and even applied heavy braking at different times and still ZERO....carbon brakes are wonderful but are notorious for heating up very quickly...should I raise a ticket for this?Will Reynolds

Did you uninstall the original version and reinstall followed by SP1, or did you just install SP1 over the top of your original? If you did the latter, then no, you should follow RSR's advice on how to update to SP1 first and if you can verify this issue still stands, then unless someone else knows otherwise, it might be worth opening a ticket.

Is there any add-on to change that "Peanut Butter" to more real ground friction?Thanks Robert.

Did you uninstall the original version and reinstall followed by SP1, or did you just install SP1 over the top of your original? If you did the latter, then no, you should follow RSR's advice on how to update to SP1 first and if you can verify this issue still stands, then unless someone else knows otherwise, it might be worth opening a ticket.
Yup, reinstalled 3 times now, manually delete all files not removed in the uninstall process, clean up the registry, etc etc....still the same result