Sign in to follow this  
very-short

VASFMC 2.1 Fuel Bug ?

Hi Guys , ok an update to this problem and I think I have found a work around ... ok I believe the reason VASFMC crashes when calculating the fuel load is now due to the plan data .... I have found that if your flight plan has a nav/waypoint very close to your departure/arrival airport it cant calculate the fuel needed as its too close ...example ... my flight is from say Auckland New Zealand to Wellington New zealand so the flight plan looks like this from Vroute....

NZAA|-37.0080560000|174.7916670000|0||ADEP||cfl=320;fnr=ANZ516;croute=NZAANZWN306;adep=NZAA;ades=NZWN

AA|-37.0046390000|174.8136390000|0|DCT||..................Problem line #1

LIMES|-37.5716670000|174.6386950000|0|H384||

KARRL|-37.9766670000|174.5122220000|0|H384||

NP|-39.0072500000|174.1839440000|0|H384||

AKAVI|-39.9996670000|174.2638030000|0|H384||

SWUTH|-40.7697220000|174.3275000000|0|H384||

TR|-41.1858440000|174.3623780000|0|H384||

BAXOV|-41.2411830000|174.5276830000|0|H235||

WN|-41.3372220000|174.8169720000|0|H235||............ Problem line #2

NZWN|-41.3272220000|174.8052780000|0||ADES|

The problem begins with the two lines I have highlighted ..... the waypoints seem to be too close to calculate the fuel required Thus causing VASFMC to Crash so a simple fix is to delete these two lines from the FP then re-save the FP import it into VASFMC . I have been doing this for a while now and it seems to work fine the fuel load etc is calculated and VASFMC runs fine pretty much 100% of the time .... I hope this helps anyone who uses VASFMC .... it was only by chance I stumbled across this fix but it seems to work I was able to narrow the problem down to the FP causing the problem because it was only sometimes VASFMC would crash so the only variable was the FP .

Enjoy

Cheers

Andrew W

Greetings Andrew,

I have been a fan of the vasFMC for some time. I also have experienced the dreaded FUEL PLANNING crash (or hang) in FS9 more than I care to think. Although your discovery may be correct (i.e.: a nearby waypoint in the FP) it may not be the only case it seems. As I've run into this issue, I have tried my share of options to work around it. One was to enter the FROM/TO AP, FLT NBR, CRZ/FL and COST INDEX in the first page of the INIT. Then, with trepidation, I proceed to the Page 2 of INIT, click the RSK beside the ZFW, then FUEL PLANNING page (without entering the FP), and I get the same hang/crash. To be clear, I have tried going through entering the entire FP complete with DEPARTURE AND ARRIVAL information and then to the FUEL PLANNING and also get the crash. So, if there's no FP (other than FROM/TO) it causes the same problem; sometimes. No WPs, NAVAIDS, SIDs or STARS and works sometimes but not others. I've also done it that way and it works. Any thoughts?  I am at work, so when I get home this evening, I am going to try the theory you mention.  Also very coincidental as I never have flown much in NZ, but I just tried a flight 3 days ago NZAA-NZQN with the first WP/NAVAID of AA. However, I was successful in entering the FP into vasFMC. 2 days later I tried NZAA to NZWN with a first WP of LIMES and no luck (had to switch to the ANZ B733). Go figure.

Any additional input would be grand as I want to use this great addon with the PA Airbus but it's hard to abide the unpredictable behavior.

Thanks for your legwork to narrow this down.

Best,

Jeffrey S. Bryner

Greetings Andrew,

I have been a fan of the vasFMC for some time. I also have experienced the dreaded FUEL PLANNING crash (or hang) in FS9 more than I care to think. Although your discovery may be correct (i.e.: a nearby waypoint in the FP) it may not be the only case it seems. As I've run into this issue, I have tried my share of options to work around it. One was to enter the FROM/TO AP, FLT NBR, CRZ/FL and COST INDEX in the first page of the INIT. Then, with trepidation, I proceed to the Page 2 of INIT, click the RSK beside the ZFW, then FUEL PLANNING page (without entering the FP), and I get the same hang/crash. To be clear, I have tried going through entering the entire FP complete with DEPARTURE AND ARRIVAL information and then to the FUEL PLANNING and also get the crash. So, if there's no FP (other than FROM/TO) it causes the same problem; sometimes. No WPs, NAVAIDS, SIDs or STARS and works sometimes but not others. I've also done it that way and it works. Any thoughts?  I am at work, so when I get home this evening, I am going to try the theory you mention.  Also very coincidental as I never have flown much in NZ, but I just tried a flight 3 days ago NZAA-NZQN with the first WP/NAVAID of AA. However, I was successful in entering the FP into vasFMC. 2 days later I tried NZAA to NZWN with a first WP of LIMES and no luck (had to switch to the ANZ B733). Go figure.

Any additional input would be grand as I want to use this great addon with the PA Airbus but it's hard to abide the unpredictable behavior.

Thanks for your legwork to narrow this down.

Best,

Jeffrey S. Bryner

Hi Jeffrey ,

Thanks for your reply ,you have made some very interesting observations ,Unfortunatly I have had to re-install my operating system and am working my way to getting everything back up and running so I cant test your theories at the moment .My work around was just based on a bit of trial and error with a proccess of elimination,so far after using my method I never had any hangs or Crashes so it lead me to believe the issue relates to waypoints in the FP .but hey I could be completely wrong ...haha Im no puter programmer but like you I love VASFMC and only fly my IFDG A320 .Please let me know how you get on given VAS is no longer being produced or supported its up to us to maybe figure it out ...

Cheers

andrew W

Hi Jeffrey ,

Thanks for your reply ,you have made some very interesting observations ,Unfortunatly I have had to re-install my operating system and am working my way to getting everything back up and running so I cant test your theories at the moment .My work around was just based on a bit of trial and error with a proccess of elimination,so far after using my method I never had any hangs or Crashes so it lead me to believe the issue relates to waypoints in the FP .but hey I could be completely wrong ...haha Im no puter programmer but like you I love VASFMC and only fly my IFDG A320 .Please let me know how you get on given VAS is no longer being produced or supported its up to us to maybe figure it out ...

Cheers

andrew W

Hi to all,I had the same problem: I can hopefully confirm your theory: the problem is inside the flightplan,if you try to make a simple flightplan (departure and arrival airports with runways only + waypoints) without SID and STAR , for beginning, and then you put your block fuel in the VASFMC, all is OK, then you can add without any problem your preferred SID & STAR and what else you want and all works! certainly the fuel remain the same, but this is for me the only way to go around this problem!

Cheers

Gian

Hi guys,

to prevent the freezing of vasFMC in the event of Fuel Planning:

blank FMC:

1.) fill out the required fields on INIT 1 page (dep/arr, F.nr,CI,FL) and press Align IRS

2.) go to INIT 2 page, click LSK1R to receive ZFW data and after this click LSK3R to receive your Fuel Planning amount, click LSK3R again to confirm

3.) enter your flightplan and so on...

So the solution is only to have the departure and arrival airport in your flightplan, no waypoints and no sid/star.

Works perfect for me without freezing.

Bye,

Kontio

Have a solution here, worked for 5 consecutive flights, might help:

1. Fill the INIT page

2. Insert the route

3. Now in the fuel planning page, fill the TAXI fuel with any number (below the limits of course) and after that input 0 into that field.

4. Now click the Fuel Planning button

5. Fly :)