Sign in to follow this  
rgbinns

Setting throttles using FSUIPc4

I really have tried so much to set up the throttles levers in PMDG 737NGX but it just seems to be all over my head.Could some kind person who uses a Saitek Pro yoke + throttle Quadrant and FSUIPC4 help me out please.regardsRichard

Richard Binns
MSFS 2020 - Asus ROG Strix Z390-E - Skylake i7 9700k - EVGA RTX 3070 Black - 32gig G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 - Thermaltake Thor 850w Platinum PSU - Corsair Hydro H80iGT cooler - Samsung 43" UHD HDR TV - Thermaltake V71 Case - Samsung SSD 850 EVO M.2 500GB  - 2 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus V-Nand 1TB

I use saitik yoke and 2 x throttle quadrant.Setup NGX at som airport and set GRND PWR.In the FSX menu, disable all controls.Go to FSUPIC.Go to Axis Assignment.Move one lever at the time all the way up and all the way down. Once moved, check the "Send Direct to FSUPIC Calibration", and thereafter select the appropriate assignment to the specific lever from the drop down box.Once all levers have been processed -Go to "Joystick Calibration" tab.Browse to the relevant category, using the arrows, e.g. start with Main Flight Controls, and move the yoke around - check theat the values move around and do nothing else.Go to "Separate throttles per engine". Check "No reverse zone" box.Click "Reset" on both Throttle 1 and 2.Click "Set" on both Throttle 1 and 2.Move both levers full up. Click "set" under "Max".Move both levers down, but not all the way. Stop maybe 1-2 cm. before reaching full down. Click "Set" under "Min".Go to Trim Spoilers And Flaps.Under the "Flaps (direct) menu, check "Rev" box. You should see that the NGX is under "Current Aircraft", and the no. of detentes reads 9. My Incr. reads 4094, but that could vary from lever to lever I guess.Now you only nead to set the Revers function and assign various buttons on the yoke and throttle as desired. Thats straight foreward, so I won't explain here.As I use 2 x throttle quandrands, I have two levers set for Reverse. Moving the levers into "Revers Zone" on the Saitek throttle, is just like pushin a button, and the computers recognizes this as a button push. So what you need to do, is toGo to "Buttons + Switches" tab.Move throttle 1 into reverse, and notice that button X has been selected.Now assign that button to decrease engine 1 (and select Control to repeat while hold). This will work the same as pressing F2.Do the same for Throttle lever 2.This should work for you. Remember that you have the option to check the "Aircraft Specific" box, which will make all your settingonly apply to the selected aircraft.I found an excellent guide using google as well, so you could try that.Mas

I understand that is a completely wrong configuration which is going to cause nothing else but problems - mostly throttle disconnects.

Sorry - didn't catch that? My answer is causing nothing but trouble? It works like a charm for me, but if not for you, I'm sorry. I forgot one thing though - under Joystick Calibration, serarate throttles per engine, remember to check the "exclude throttle_n_set" box. Thats all - hope you get it working.Mas

Sorry - didn't catch that? My answer is causing nothing but trouble? It works like a charm for me, but if not for you, I'm sorry. I forgot one thing though - under Joystick Calibration, serarate throttles per engine, remember to check the "exclude throttle_n_set" box. Thats all - hope you get it working.Mas
This is the answer I have in my Ticket I submitted about throttle disconnect on take-off, so if you want to cause problems for others, go ahead, but we first need to consult with PMDG what is right:"We specifically recommend against mapping Axis items using FSUIPC in the Introduction section of the manual for the reason you describe.   The only proper way to set up the throttles to work properly is by using the latest Saitek Drivers and then mapping the throttles in FSX"; This is from Paul Gollnick.And you can take a look here when and if PMDG answers:http://forum.avsim.n...__fromsearch__1

I'm having similar issues getting a reverser axis to work. I'd be interested to know if anyone has found a workaround.

i gave up on it using the CH throttle quadrant, a really big dead spot from idle to mid power, waste of time went back to FSX calibrated

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Ok - If PMDG advises against using FSUIPC to set up Saitek, then by all means don't use FSUIPC.I don't want to cause trouble for others, so DON'T USE FSUIPC!!!! (It works flawlessly for me though).But seriously - I hope Richard works it out! Happy flying ;)Mas

Just to try it out I have the ailerons, elevators, rudder, steering tiller and throttles all mapped via FSUIPC. Everything seems to be working flawlessly. Most of my FSX commands have been deleted as not to conflict with FSUIPC. I have a profile for each aircraft using FSUIPC. As all my other aircraft are mapped like this it would be an absolute pain to have to reinstate the FSX commands for the NGX.

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

I acutally just installed the 6700 package, and found that I had issues with throttle 1 and 2 with FSUIPC - more precisely with A/T disconnects - so I gues PMDG were right after all - how could I not trust them!?... So I use FSUIPC for everthing else but Throttle 1 and 2, wich are controlled via FSX... Making sure of course to delete conflicting assignments in FSX... Just flew ENBR-ENVA with the 736 and had no problems...Mas

Mas, whatever your name is... (http://forum.avsim.net/topic/245586-you-must-sign-your-full-real-name-to-posts-to-use-this-forum-posts-without-names-will-be-deleted/)Try assigning throttles via FSUIPC, but DO NOT calibrate them. And don't use send to calibration but rather only send to FSX as axis and then set Axis Throttle 1 Set.That is how I have them working, successfully...