Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

Does anyone have the FS9 Captain Sim 'Legendary 727' installed?

I have had no replies from anyone in the CS forum here and CS themselves rejected my request for help (my reaction to which I shall not record here!).The problem is that my config manager reports it can't find the 727 - although I also have the CS 707 and the 707 TCE finds that OK. I just wanted to check that the installed CD 727 folder name is what the programme is expecting. Can anyone who has this a/c please tell me what folder name it is installed under and whether the TCE config works (I want to stop the cabin and engine startup announcements).Thanks!Martin

Hi - I have it installed in Win7-64. The two folders created are:legendary727_100legendary727_200I installed it from the Just Flight CD, which is the CS airplane. TCE works fine for me.Hope this helps you solves the problem!Jim

Jim Blake
Captain, SWA Virtual Airlines
Real World C172 Pilot, AOPA #06034701
 sig_concordeX.jpg  Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

I have a 'legal' download version and have similar symptoms to you. Folder names as above. I noticed that the folder names of the 707 and C130 had capital "L" instead of lowercase "l". Renamed both folders. No difference I'm afraid.

I have the download version working fine on my system. The folders in the Aircraft folder are:legendary727_100legendary727_200In the main FS9 folder:Captain_Sim727with the following sub-folders:manualsnever_modifytcevariantsvoice

Graeme Butler

A further discovery ... if I use the TCE.exe IN the Captain Sim folder, as distinct from using the "All Programs" menu ... it works Praying.gif ,for me at least.

Thanks for that - as I suspected, the folder names for the 727s had been changed. Now I have renamed them to what they should be the TCE works fine.How easy it would have been for Captain Sim to have told me this instead of sending me an email telling me why they had rejected my support ticket: the information they pointed me to on their Knowledge Base was totally irrelevant too ("these a/c won't work with Windows 7" - utter rubbish to boot).Thanks again,Martin

Martin - If I may be so bold, I'd like to recommend that you ditch the CS 727 and get the Dreamfleet one instead. I wrote the original AVSIM review for the CS 727 back in FS2002 days and I loved it and gave it a gold star rating. Used it for years and had much pleasure from it. I kept thinking that buying the later DF 727 wasn't worth the money as I was already satisfied with the CS version. HUGE MISTAKE! The DF 727 (available from Flight1) is one of the finest addons ever made for FS and in my view and many others, is THE best "classic" airliner ever developed for the sim. (By "classic" I mean analogue gauges, 60's - pre LevelD 767 technology) Look through the forums and you will see almost unanimous agreement with what I'm telling you. It will be one of the best investments you will ever make for an FS9 addon. It is SUPERB!!!!! The moment I finally broke down and bought it and tried it, I was kicking myself for wasting so much time with the CS 727 when I could have been experiencing this fantastic product.... I'm not knocking Captain Sim - in its day, their 727 was excellent. But the DF 727 is an entirely different level and there's nothing else out there that comes close in its class

Hello. Thanks for the recommendation. I will have a look at the FD 727 - I know that it is very well thought of and that everyone says that it is way better than the CS offering. On the other hand, I have 'tweaked' my CS 727 so that it is actually very nice to fly, and linked my other 727s to the CS panel: AND I bought it, along with the C-130 and the B707, when CS were having a 24-hour sale, so I only paid £9-99 for each a/c, so I am not complaining - except about the lousy CS CS ("customer service").I don't fly 'classics' all that much either - but I do love the 727, so I will certainly have a look at the DreamFleet version.Thanks again.Martin

Guest venustus01

Wise words from kiwiflyer.Get the df 727.Lovely flight dynamics.Spot on one of the best addons for fs9.

Hi Martin,Just one more vote for the DreamFleet version - if you like the 727 and want a more modern version to fly - DF includes it with a glass AI, HSI, and winglets... I've added the ISGSIM Honeywell FMC to the mix for a complete modernized suite... DF727 is one of the absolute best aircraft packages ever made for FS - period...Regards,Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

Hello. Thanks for the recommendation. I will have a look at the FD 727 - I know that it is very well thought of and that everyone says that it is way better than the CS offering. On the other hand, I have 'tweaked' my CS 727 so that it is actually very nice to fly, and linked my other 727s to the CS panel: AND I bought it, along with the C-130 and the B707, when CS were having a 24-hour sale, so I only paid £9-99 for each a/c, so I am not complaining - except about the lousy CS CS ("customer service").I don't fly 'classics' all that much either - but I do love the 727, so I will certainly have a look at the DreamFleet version.Thanks again.Martin
You are welcome Martin. The best way I can describe it is that it was like going from FS98 (an excellent sim for its day) to FS9 with no stops in between. The DF727 is just in a class of its own....

Hi MartinI would agree with the others who point out that the Dreamfleet 727 is a much better product. I too used the CS version for quite a few years before buying the DF 727, after reading various reviews, and now my CS 727 is permanently confined to the hangar as it pales in comparison to the Dreamfleet aircraft! I really feel that the arrogance shown by Captain Sim in the area of customer support is a shame - they have produced some good products over the years but they let themselves (and their business) down seriously by their approach to their customers.Bill

Hi BillThere are certainly many who have had negative experiences with CS customer support but I have to say that I have always found them helpful. I think a big part of the problem is cultural - they are ex-Soviet military guys (at least one was a Mig21 pilot) who are maybe not attuned to some of the nuances of customer relations we expect in western countries - not to mention that they are communicating in a second language. I think they have a genuine passion for their work and really have pushed the envelope of what can be done many times, and I'm sure they often don't realize that they have offended anyone...But back on topic - Martin, trust us on this one. If you like the 727, you will LOVE the Dreamfleet version and will count it as one of the best investments you've ever made in an FS addon. It is in a class of its own...

Googling the df727 and Windows 7 64-bit, some people seem to have some issues, like these for instance:http://www.flightsim...ms-Vista-64-bithttp://www.simforums...topic24857.htmlhttp://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/showthread.php?229460-FS-Crash-after-loading-the-727Seems a bit of a pain.... but I see you run the a/c on this OS Kiwiflyer. Did you have no problems, or do you have any installation advice on this (I also have UAC off)?Martin