Sign in to follow this  
ArjenVdv

Chime sound did not change to a high-low sound instead of a single ding, as RSR said! Also some other nice observations...

Hi,After having SP1 installed succesfully, I thought, let's share some nice observations (which are not in the list also).First of all, RSR said in the list, that the Chime sound, (no smoking sound), changed to a high-low (dingdong), instead of a single ding. But it didn't! It's still a single ding! But the sound is much louder now, which is nice. Not a big problem to me, but just an observation. Anyone else having this too?Maybe I understood the word high-low wrong, but I understood it as a dingdong.Also there's a really nice addition of a touchdown sound, the wheels hitting the ground when touching down. Sounds really nice.Also a really nice thing is that the problem of low fps when mouse cursor is being displayed, is now gone! That's great!No weird terrain warning anymore at for example ENVA. VR and V2 callouts much less louder compared to the other callouts!These are just some obvervations, which might need some attention in the future. But anyway, I'm really happy about the service pack. I have never really have had freezes or crashes, but I hope this will be over now for everyone!Thanks a lot for this great product again PMDG. I'm upgrading to a new GPU "soon" (GTX580), so I can run UTX, GEX and UT2 with all sliders (almost)to the max!Happy flying!

Also a really nice thing is that the problem of low fps when mouse cursor is being displayed, is now gone!
No, The mouse cursor FPS loss issue is still here for me.It's not a PMDG issue, so interesting if it's gone for you.

Also....you now have terrain depicted on the first officer side.
That was sorted in Hotfix 4.

I would reinstall SP1, the chime is in fact changed.EDIT: You need to hit the attend button not the Chime to get the hi-low sound laugh.png

Arjen,As Ryan said the "Attend" button is now ding dong - the "Chime" switch sound should always just be a ding!The First Officer V1 VR and V2 are quieter because they simulate a person talking in the cockpit - all the other callouts are made by the aircraft.

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

The HiLo sound is working for me, but I noticed that the Stall Test No. 1 is much quieter than the No 2. The No 2 is apparently in the normal level, just like it was before SP1, but the No 1 is very quiet. I almost can't hear it.

Matheus Mafra

My hi lo works as promised. I can't stop pushing it. I'm driving my spouse insane.

Chris Hicks

My hi lo works as promised. I can't stop pushing it. I'm driving my spouse insane.
When you press it, do you get Coffee, Tea, or Milk ???

When you press it, do you get Coffee, Tea, or Milk ???
I get sideways looks from my dog and an "omg I live with a nerd" face from my other half.

Chris Hicks

The HiLo sound is working for me, but I noticed that the Stall Test No. 1 is much quieter than the No 2. The No 2 is apparently in the normal level, just like it was before SP1, but the No 1 is very quiet. I almost can't hear it.
Hi Matheus,I am not hearing your observations - and as far as i'm aware we have not touched the stall test functionality in SP1 or on the 600/700.Can you confirm this is happening on all types.My hunch is that there is something wrong with you speaker cable, or panning / volume settings on your left speaker.Thanks,

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Arjen,As Ryan said the "Attend" button is now ding dong - the "Chime" switch sound should always just be a ding!The First Officer V1 VR and V2 are quieter because they simulate a person talking in the cockpit - all the other callouts are made by the aircraft.
That's a good observation, indeed. Those altitude call-outs are audible even in the cabin but not the crew in front.

Regards,
Axel