Sign in to follow this  
RFF

No Autobrake after SP1

All worked well with my autobrakes pre SP1 but now they disconnect on touchdown. I have the same problem with the MD11 but not the 747. I have made no adjustments to my hardward (CH Pedals & Prostick) since installing SP1. Did not reinstall the 737 - just added SP1 - could this be the issue ?Many thanksRichard Foreman

Good job on the SP1 and the 737 and 736. For some reason my autobrakes are not engaging on setting one after SP1. I set the sellector, but I don't get a brakes message after touchdown. Anyone know how to fix this?JB

just flew the AAL 738 with SP1 and the autobrakes worked perfecly for me.
Weird. When I get home I will try again in the 700 with any ab setting other than 1 which is what wasn't working. And by the way this was with the 700 in sw bags free livery.

Unfortunately, I am also having big problems with the autobrakes. I've done a number of test flights now while watching the FSX brake internals (at FSUIPC offsets 0BC4 and 0BC6) and with AB in 1 or 2 setting (haven't tested 3 or MAX yet) there is no braking applied until the AUTOBRAKE DISARM illuminates (either at first application of pedal pressure or below ~40 Kts), at which time it applies full braking which remains stuck on until the pedals are then pressed and released.The brakes also go to full on and remain stuck until pedals are pressed and released anytime the autobrake selector switch is moved to OFF from another setting (while on the ground).I have duplicated this with both a set of PFC Cirrus pedals and Saitek Combat Pro rudder pedals.I uninstalled, reinstalled the 700/800 fresh, updated with SP1, and then added the 600/700. This behavior is tested so far in the 800WL.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

I got home and loaded up the 700 and 800 tested and RTO works fine, but any autobrake setting (1-max) does not apply the brakes at touchdown. As a matter of fact, it seems like right at touchdown the brakes engage for a split second, then the AB system disengages. I do not get the brakes locking when turning the ab knob off. I have the Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals and the AB system worked fine from the initial release of the NGX through HF3. They don't work after SP1 or the install of the 600/700 expansion since I installed both at the same time.I uninstalled NGX, reinstalled the release with HF3 included, then booted into the NGX, then exited, then installed SP1, booted into NGX, exited, then installed the 600/700 expansion.JB

Theres no point in installing hot fix 3 as i would of thought sp1 has all that in it ?Blake

Funny. My brakes and my autobrake system are now working 100% perfect...SAITEK Rudder + FSUIPC.Go figure...

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

OK, I finally solved my SP1 autobrake problem...turns out that if ANY axis processing is active in FSUIPC on the brake axes, FSUIPC will seriously interfere with the PMDG autobrake logic.In FSUIPC, go to the Joystick Calibration tab, and go to page 2 of 11 "Prop, Mixture, and Brakes" In the two boxes on the right side labelled "Left brake" and "Right brake", you should see "Axis not processed" in both boxes. If you do not, press the reset button to get it.For anyone using the older serial (non-USB) PFC controls (PFCFSX.dll) there appears to be a bug in the PFC driver to FSUIPC interface that will not allow the "axis not processed" selection to be saved in the FSUIPC.ini--if you find that the "axis not processed" is not there when re-loading FSX, you can edit the FSUIPC.ini file manually, find the joystick calibration section for the NGX, and delete the two lines LeftBrake=0 and RightBrake=0Also, if the brake axes are not at zero when the system is engaged, it'll trip off the AB as soon as they engage on landing or on initiation of an RTO > 100 Knots.

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

How strange... I solved my autobrake issues by removing my toe brake axis off of the FSX controls and asigned them in FSUIPC. Not sure why my saitek pro pedals don't work when assigned to FSX but do work when assigned to FSUIPC. Quite the opposite from w6kd.JB

So the conclusion is it was a user based error and nothing to do with the NGX as such.I think that would apply to about 90% of " NGX errors "
Considering it was fine before SP1, it's not a user error, but more a change in configuration to be compatible with the changes to the ab system in sp1. The saitek brake pedals show a value of -16000 in fsuipc when they are off. As soon as you touch the pedals they scale from 0 to +16000. When I removed the brake axis from fsx and assigned them to fsuipc I left the default deadband in fsuipc to -512 to + 512. When they were assigned to fsx I had a small deadband but did not have any deadband in the device drivers. So it's possible that even though fsx had a small deadband, it may still have been transmitting the -16000 value when the brakes were off. And I believe in sp1 they made the autobrakes disengage as soon as the NGX detected manual pedal movement, thus making the autobrakes disengage without having to hammer on the brakes like I had to do post sp1 to get em to disengage. So with the pedals transmitting any value except zero, would trigger the autobrakes to disengage as soon as the mains touchdown. I guess the deadzone in fsuipc maintains the brakes at a value of zero or closer to zero. I would test a bit more, but on my way to a Halloween party to tie a few on.JB

Not sure if you realize this or not but just to be sure. When you assign your Brake Axis in FSUIPC you then need to go to Calibration and Page 2 and then Calibrate your left and right brakes for things to work correctly. wink.png Same applys for all your other Axis assignments.

So the conclusion is it was a user based error and nothing to do with the NGX as such.I think that would apply to about 90% of " NGX errors "
I would characterize it as a compatibility and configuration issue between the NGX, several kinds of input hardware, and the most widely-used FS utility in the world. No add-on operates in a vacuum...conflicts occurring in complex configurations across a wide spectrum of possible systems is hardly "user error."

Just did my first NGX flight with SP1 from ENGM to BIKF and had 0 issues. Everything handled like a dream. I had Autobrakes on 2 and when I double tapped the brakes the Auto Brakes Disarm Light came on and then I switched the knob to off. No issues at all.These are the Saitek Pedals I am using.YYI1-T52754-main.jpg