Sign in to follow this  
Buzz313th

Southwest 737-700 delivery options

Does anyone definitavely know what Boeing Delivered to Southwest in terms of aircraft options for their 700's?If you do, could you reply with the PMDG aircraft options that would replicate the southwest jets?JB

r8bls8.jpg[/img]i took this the other night, very blurry pic but you can get a few hints from it.

r8bls8.jpg[/img]i took this the other night, very blurry pic but you can get a few hints from it.
So thats the pit of a Southwest 700?I can't tell if it has the HUG's.JB

There are still certain options that are on the older Southwest 73Gs that are not in the NGX.
Any chance you can ellaborate on what options the jets have?JB

I have seen some with the HGS, and some with the compact EFIS display or the separate PFD/ND setup. Also, they seem to have the Collins MCP and the analog backup gauges. Obviously, none of them likely have any ETOPS equipment.

There are still certain options that are on the older Southwest 73Gs that are not in the NGX.
The older Southwest 73Gs are famous for having VNAV disabled, and no A/T. At the moment, you can't disable those in the NGX. Ryan hinted when he talked about the ability for multiple setups for airplane types (specifically the old Southwest with all the fancy stuff disabled, and the new ones with the HGS), but maybe it is SP2 material.

Scott Kalin VATSIM #1125397 - KPSP Palm Springs International Airport
Space Shuttle (SSMS2007) http://www.space-shu....com/index.html
Orbiter 2010P1 http://orbit.medphys.ucl.ac.uk/

Guest tonyf38
2011-8-21_21-28-38-190.jpg[/img]Most are like this so pilots can fly all versions of the 737

-None are ETOPS as far as I know (it's assumed that their -800s will be when they come, can't remember if they've said for sure yet)-Newer deliveries have the HGS, not sure about retrofits.-By now I believe they should all be switched to PFD/ND instead of EFIS/MAP (old style). If not now, then soon.-Along with the change to PFD/ND they've been enabling the VNAV and A/T (again, I believe most will be now) Big big change in SWA's operational philosophies there.-Newer deliveries will have the Collins, older ones may have the Honeywell-Based on this picture: http://www.airliners dot net/photo/Southwest-Airlines/Boeing-737-7H4/1914484/L/ (take out the "dot" and replace with a .) It looks like they use the single cue Flight Director, analog standby gauges, and the round fuel gauge option (forget the name offhand)

Steve Caffey

2011-8-21_21-28-38-190.jpg[/img]Most are like this so pilots can fly all versions of the 737
They've actually been changing to the new style over the past couple years or so, even putting glass in some -300's making them more like the NGs instead of the other way around. Check out the picture I linked above, it's of a -700 from earlier this year.http://www.flightglo...o-get-154-.htmledit: or they were at least planning to upgrade the -300's, I can't find any pictures or more recent info on it.

Steve Caffey