Sign in to follow this  
mpw8679

Still having FMC freezes after sp1

Just installed SP1 and tried a flight from KBIL to KLAS. I was setting up my approach on the FMC when I got the blue ring and a CTD. I did pause the flight while setting up my approach so I'm hoping that is what caused it. Anyone else have this problem yet? I havent been able to complete a flight yet with the NGX while using the FMC. Very frustrating.

Matt Wilson

I have set everything up before taking off. That said, I have been "light" on the FMC especially during approach and I have had 0 ctd's or freezes (This is all pre SP1). Seems that if I make multiple adjustments (waypoint changes, changing runways etc....) especially during descent, I would get the freezes. Suffice it to say, I stopped doing that.

Ya mine usually freezes when making waypoint and approach adjustments no matter where I am in flight. Something is not right here. Had this problem pre and post SP1. Maybe I will try a complete uninstall and reinstall NGX and SP1. If that doesnt work I might be forced to park it till a fix can be found.

Matt Wilson

Had freeze right after SP1. (overwritten over previous hotfix 4 installation.)I'd recommend uninstall NGX and fresh reinstall with new installer or previous RTM+SP1.

Ya mine usually freezes when making waypoint and approach adjustments no matter where I am in flight. Something is not right here. Had this problem pre and post SP1. Maybe I will try a complete uninstall and reinstall NGX and SP1. If that doesnt work I might be forced to park it till a fix can be found.
Matt-One thing to be wary of: Freezes can be the result of hardware and can also be the result of scenery issues. Unfortunately we have a rapidly growing list of scenery that creates freezes and CTDs in FSX for a myriad of reasons. (We reach out to the developers if we can identify a cause...)Now that being said- if you can give us a set of very specific steps to reproduce a problem- we can insert it into our research process to determine if it is something we are doing, or whether it is something happening outside the NGX...So if you can replicate it consistently- please open a support ticket and feed us all of the details... Then we'll start digging on our end and see if we can't get you an answer one way or another.(To give you an idea- literally hours prior to release our beta team identified a recurring freeze/CTD in a particular piece of scenery... so once we dig a bit deeper to sort out why that scenery causes the CTD, we'll send what we know over to the folks who make it- and in most all cases they will work to fix it... it is a cooperative effort...)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com