Sign in to follow this  
Buzz313th

MultiCrew.... Whats it worth?

Whats MultiCrew Worth To You?  

321 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay for the NGX MultiCrew Addon?

2. 2. How much would you be willing to pay in USD?

I would like to first give a thanks out to PMDG for the release of SP1 and the 600/700.Robert and Tabs have both recently mentioned that MultiCrew for the NGX is still planned, as long as they can overcome some of the challenges imposed by making a shared cockpit for something as complex as the NGX. With this being said, I understand that in the business world, effort must be ballanced by return and if the effort put forth to make multicrew exceeds potential return, then PMDG might not complete something like MultiCrew.I personally, would love to see a shared cockpit in the NGX. This feature alone would increase the fun factor in the NGX tenfold.So, I posted the poll above, to get an idea of the possible return on any effort made by PMDG to complete the MultiCrew addon. I know that PMDG mentioned that MultiCrew might be included into a free service pack, but I also wanted to see how many people would be interested in paying for such an addon to the NGX. If the poll points to the fact that many people would pay for this, then maybe PMDG would put more effort into developing MultiCrew regardless of any development challenges they might encounter.I do have a question for those who would not be willing to pay for such an addon.... Is it that you don't find any interest in sharing the NGX pit with another simmer, or, do you not think such an addon is worth paying for?ThanksJB

I'm still very curious why some would not pay for this type of addon...Just to be repetitive...I do have a question for those who would not be willing to pay for such an addon.... Is it that you don't find any interest in sharing the NGX pit with another simmer, or, do you not think such an addon is worth paying for?JB

I think this feature would add loads of immersion into the sim (as if it didn't have enough already).Although, I wouldn't pay more then 20 dollars. The price of the NGX is already high even though it's worth every penny.Anyway, why would they charge for this feature when they already said it's planned for a future service pack?

I think this feature would add loads of immersion into the sim (as if it didn't have enough already).Although, I wouldn't pay more then 20 dollars. The price of the NGX is already high even though it's worth every penny.Anyway, why would they charge for this feature when they already said it's planned for a future service pack?
They probably wouldn't charge for it if it's development is not a PITA. Now, if the development of MultiCrew does pan out to be very time consuming, then obviously PMDG won't continue the development when they could focus on other addons that could make them some income. Too me, the idea of the NGX in a shared cockpit environment is too awsome to pass up. So maybe if they could make some income on it, then they would be able to afford more development time to complete the project.JB

I would pay $20, or a little more for this. I would love to share the experience, and have a real FO beside me, working coms, flaps, and such. I think it would be great.Also, on complex flights into difficult airports, it would add just so much more excitement knowing that each person has to actually do their own job, and do it correctly for it to succeed.

the multicrew function was one of the reason i bought the 737NGX. That i should pay again for it is a no go so i voted "no".

It's a great idea and would increase immersion. However, I wouldn't pay for it just because most of my flights are offline. When I have time, VATSIM with full ATC coverage and a multicrew cockpit would be awesome. I have to step away from computers for real life too often though to frequently dedicate the attention needed in such situations. So most of my time is spent with FS2Crew and offline flying.

Eric Szczesniak

I would pay $20, or a little more for this. I would love to share the experience, and have a real FO beside me, working coms, flaps, and such. I think it would be great.Also, on complex flights into difficult airports, it would add just so much more excitement knowing that each person has to actually do their own job, and do it correctly for it to succeed.
Ohh yeah...But beyond just the extra company in the sim experience, simmers would be able to practice and execute actual CRM (Crew Resource Management) as dictated by different air carriers policy. Besides understanding how an aircraft and it's systems operate, there is a whole new world to experience while being able to efficiently work in a cockpit with another flight crew member. If you think succsefully flying the NGX solo is a rewarding experience, then imagine flying with your Virtual Airline buddy and sharing cockpit responsibilities, flows and procedures where two people come together to seamlessly execute an entire flight as one. If you think that the NGX is hard to put down now... If PMDG actually pulled off the MultiCrew addon, once you and your buddy nails down CRM, then you will never fly anything else in FSX again...JB

I'm still very curious why some would not pay for this type of addon...Just to be repetitive...I do have a question for those who would not be willing to pay for such an addon.... Is it that you don't find any interest in sharing the NGX pit with another simmer, or, do you not think such an addon is worth paying for?JB
For me, it's the former. It just doesn't interest me, so I wouldn't buy it.

the multicrew function was one of the reason i bought the 737NGX. That i should pay again for it is a no go so i voted "no".
It was one of the main reasons I bought it as well. But I halfway understand that making it work over a network would require alot of time and effort, not to mention that if it wasn't done right, it wouldn't be worth doing it at all. So my biggest concern is that this opportunity might be passed up if making multicrew is too time consuming for what PMDG's resources will allow. Considering that one of the reasons you bought the NGX was for Multicrew, wouldn't you be more dissapointed if they just scrapped the idea entirely, then if they produced it to sell it, thus giving you the opportunity to buy it when you have an extra 20 bucks sittin around?JB

I would love it, but since we were told it'd come as part of a service pack, I'm not going to pay for it.

I would love it, but since we were told it'd come as part of a service pack, I'm not going to pay for it.
Well for your sake, I hope they can code it without pulling too many of their resources away from other projects.JB

I already have planes that are multicrew compatible, and none of them charge extra for it. Yes I would like it, no I wont pay extra for it.

Jay

The mad dog or any other currently out there dont share properly. Try being the slave computer and its easy to see why. Every so often it has to update its position with the master computer and you get a stutter and relocation.