Sign in to follow this  
Buzz313th

MultiCrew.... Whats it worth?

Whats MultiCrew Worth To You?  

321 members have voted

1. 1. Would you pay for the NGX MultiCrew Addon?

2. 2. How much would you be willing to pay in USD?

Ive had consisten success with the maddog and a shared cockpit for 3 years. Just need to make sure your either on a lan or a virtual lan on the web.. Some of the best FSX experiences I have had.Keeping fingers crossed that PMDG can do MultiCrew.JB

Multicrew will only "take off" if EVERYONE has it, as part of their Standard PMDG aircraft.This should not be an issue, as PMDG has clearly stated that it will be part of a future Service Pack.While the development of a customized PMDG "Multicrew" will take some considerable development time, I suspect that that initial development work, would be applicable to current 737NGX, and any future PMDG aircraft, so that development cost could be spread over the whole future PMDG future addon fleet.I hope it happens... it will certainly give PMDG a significant market advantage over others like Ifly.When, -- well your guess is as good as anyone else.Flying the 737NGX as a single pilot is totally UNREALISTIC, so that alone is a good reason to intrioduce a level of cockpit sharing.In any case, its MUCH more enjoyable to SHARE your FS hobby with others with the same addiction Money Eyes.gif

Flying an airliner isn´t a single pilot job. Simulating airliner flight will never be realistic unless there are at least 2 pilots.So why hasn´t this feature been implemented in many payware products before ?? Why don´t FSX payware producers put more focus on implementing something like this instead of focusing way too much in "visual" detail (eye candy) ? ...if you know what I mean. Not that I´m anything against "visual" details, I´m just saying the priorities should be right.This feature would be SO useful for training etc. Not to mention it would be much more fun !. Airline pilots put really ALOT ! of focus on this. MCC, CRM, SOPs...basicly..flying an airliner is all about this ! I really really hope this feature will be implemented into the PMDG 737 NGX. As very few payware aircraft have this feature, I would easily pay 100 USD for a feature like this.

. Very few payware aircraft have this feature As very few payware aircraft have this feature, I would easily pay 100 USD for a feature like this.
But there is not much point in you paying $100 for a "MultiCrew" feature that nobody else has !!BTW: Realair's "Duke Turbine". the Addon Plane that won the Avsim 2011 "Best Addon Aircraft" award, fully supports both FSX Multiplayer, and is also 100% FSX Shared Cockpit Compatable.

But there is not much point in you paying $100 for a "MultiCrew" feature that nobody else has !!BTW: Realair's "Duke Turbine". the Addon Plane that won the Avsim 2011 "Best Addon Aircraft" award, fully supports both FSX Multiplayer, and is also 100% FSX Shared Cockpit Compatable.
I heard that the Turbine Duke has a few issues though. I haven't tried it yet, but maybe I will tonight durring the suicide ops on Vatsim.JB

Did you succeed in sharing the Duke 60T (v1.2) in multiplayer ? I'm still trying but it seems it doesn't work for this plane... :s

None of my friends are interested in flight simulators. I would like to share my cockpit with someone I know. So that's why MultiCrew is not for me :) But it's an great idea to use MC with NGX.

Adrian

Well, lets hope PMDG succeeds in making the Multicrew module for the NGX, if not though, maybe the SDK will be open enough that someone else can make a third party app to allow for FULL SHARED COCKPIT with the NGX.JB

I can understand a poll to see how many people are interested in multicrew. I don't understand why there should be a poll regarding what people might pay for it. Remember before NGX release when there were threads about what the price would be and discussing what people would be prepared to pay and PMDG shut the speculation down. It's their business (literally). It's not up to us to determine what their pricing policy should be. Same goes for this. Anyway it's a daft question because for some people $20 is a lot for others it's loose change, so the answers are likely to be meaningless.Sorry JB, whatever your name is, but I don't think this question should be asked.Kevin Hall

ki9cAAb.jpg

I'm not against the idea but it doesn't appeal to me. I don't think I'm the only one who likes takeoff and landing. As PNF, I will lose takeoff and landing. There's not a lot left.Paul Scholey

Paul Skol

Considering they said they would include it in a service pack I'm not sure why everyone is saying "forget that! I'll pay you for it!". Like other people mentioned this will only work if a lot of people have multi crew. I would hate to buy it and find out that every time I tried to do a multi crew flight none of the other people on line had it. Too be honest I already thought multi crew was functional for all FSX aircraft....I just never tried it yet, hardly met anyone else who has either.Chad

MultiCrew would definitely be a great feature. The problem is to find someone who I'd want to fly with on a regular basis.For me, it would require someone I know and like, and who's willing and able to deep-dive and put effort into flying the NGX according to real-world procedures.Addicted guys/gals like that are tough to come by.

Dave P. Woycek

I heard that the Turbine Duke has a few issues though. I haven't tried it yet, but maybe I will tonight durring the suicide ops on Vatsim.JB
Duke Turbine (Initial Release) had Multiplayer & Shared Cockpit issues.Duke Turbine SP1 (SERVICE PACK 1) fixed ALL those issues, making it 100% Multiplayer & FULLY 100% Shared Cockpit Compatable.With SP1, there is NO UDP Flooding.The non-Turbine Duke was never updated, and unfortunatly, does have Multiplayer & Shared Cockpit issues.

Hi everybody,Well I voted Yes, but I would only pay for it if it would work not only through VATSIM but if I could get it to work on my network, really having two PC's set up side by side and have my F/O next to me....(so I can closely supervise him....Praying.gif )regards

I can understand a poll to see how many people are interested in multicrew. I don't understand why there should be a poll regarding what people might pay for it. Remember before NGX release when there were threads about what the price would be and discussing what people would be prepared to pay and PMDG shut the speculation down. It's their business (literally). It's not up to us to determine what their pricing policy should be. Same goes for this. Anyway it's a daft question because for some people $20 is a lot for others it's loose change, so the answers are likely to be meaningless.Sorry JB, whatever your name is, but I don't think this question should be asked.Kevin Hall
Your question is answered in my first post of this thread. It is not a poll for the pricing of Multicrew but more an insentive for PMDG to consider development of multicrew even if it's completion would be a business loss for them monetarily wise. Thanks for your opinion.JB
Duke Turbine (Initial Release) had Multiplayer & Shared Cockpit issues.Duke Turbine SP1 (SERVICE PACK 1) fixed ALL those issues, making it 100% Multiplayer & FULLY 100% Shared Cockpit Compatable.With SP1, there is NO UDP Flooding.The non-Turbine Duke was never updated, and unfortunatly, does have Multiplayer & Shared Cockpit issues.
Thanks, yeah I gave the TDuke a try in shared pit and it worked fabulously.JB