Sign in to follow this  
CraigPhillips

Loss of Engine sounds in Cockpit

After installing SP1, reinstalling liveries and selecting low res textures, I took the NGX for a spin around Gatwick... After going into an exernal view then back into an internal (both tried with VC and 2D) engine sounds had stop working, even though the engines were running... I shall see if I can replicate tomorrow.Craig

Craig,Engine sounds were not touched in SP1 - all PMDG sounds play through the FSX Sound System, and no changes were made here - if you installed the 600/700 you will find that the engines are louder than the 800/900.A quick test is to load the default FSX 737 and see if you can repeat the issue with other aircraft.A suggestion - does the sound reappear when you look backwards in the VC ?Cheers,

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

I have the same problem and yes the sound does come back then turning you view to either side.The sound on the outside has become very "weird" a lot of short gabs when moving around the a/c

Then this is because in Windows you have set "Surround Sound" mode while only using Stereo speakers.Goto your Windows Soundcard Options and turn off Surround sound and all other special effects unique to your soundcard like ambience, 3D effects, noise cancelling etc....Then you should be fine!

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

I have the problem that I get the spooling up sounds then all the engine sounds go, this has happened since I installed the 777?

Please help?

How do I change the surround sound thingy? <_<

vafs_status.php?cs=inv100

If you really think about it, there is no solution to this problem, because... it's not actually a problem. You are using a 5.1 surround sound system and you are virtually sitting on the pilot's seat of a jet airliner. The 2 jet engines are behind you at your left and your right, at a distance of a few meters. So the engines' sound is coming from the 2 back left/right channels of your sound system. It would make no sense at all to hear the engine sound from your front speakers, simply cos there's no engine in front of you! Setting up a true 5.1 sound system on your PC (meaning with actually 5 speakers + sw), then the sound of the engines would be clear behind you. So, you either add the 2 back channels speakers to your sound system or simply change your windows sound settings to stereo, in case your sound system setup has only 2 front speakers. Surround sound is all about realism, and realism is what you get ;)

mmmm got me thinking now whether to rush and buy a surround system. Is it supported by FSX/PMDG?