Sign in to follow this  
idoleo2001

Custom runway-based waypoints problem...

I can't use the feature indicated in SP1 "Added the ability to make and use custom runway-based waypoints (ex - RW26/10)"; FMC shows "Invalid Entry" message.

Israel, I think the problem you are having is the same as mine.I can't line select a waypoint from the active flight plan and then use it to create a bearing/distance from that waypoint. I get the same invalid entry scratchpad message. I think this is most likely a bug with the NGX that will need addressing, so I will file a ticket and suggest you do as well.

Same here - kinda disappointed. And still no custom waypoints based on other custom waypoints - NOT IN DATABASE. And still not possible to create waypoints from the FIX page.Anyone who got the RWXX waypoints to work? I'd certainly be curious.sig.gif

Same here - kinda disappointed. And still no custom waypoints based on other custom waypoints - NOT IN DATABASE. And still not possible to create waypoints from the FIX page.Anyone who got the RWXX waypoints to work? I'd certainly be curious.sig.gif
are you talking about place bearing waypoints if you are than it works for me since i just did a dme arc to an airport where i had to place waypoints and had no problems at all

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

No custom runway waypoints like... RW26/10 . Which should now be feesible.PBD waypoints have never been an issue.

No custom runway waypoints like... RW26/10 . Which should now be feesible.PBD waypoints have never been an issue.
thanks have to try it next time thought you would have to input it like the PDB so rwy26/10 would be like this if you were landing at ( ymml ) ymml/rwy26/10

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Well just to clarify, ABC123/5 never was the issue and created ABC01. However, ABC01321/5 never worked and also refuses to do so now.Plus, as I said, no chance to create waypoints from within the FIX page.sig.gif

Well just to clarify, ABC123/5 never was the issue and created ABC01. However, ABC01321/5 never worked and also refuses to do so now.sig.gif
Exactly, I'm also disapointed hoping they would add this feature in SP1 as someone said before.When you try to create a secondary waypoint (like Etienne said) lets say ABC01321/5 it says "NOT IN DATABASE" when it should actually create a ABC02 wpt. These created waypoints becomes listed in the SUMMARY page in NAVDATA sub-menu and stays there until next realignment. (a temporary waypoint page).You can also create Custom Waypoints or Airports in the real aircraft with specific names, in this same NAVDATA page, just entering a name of a non-existing waypoint or airport ICAO, lets say "ZAZAB", it would them, prompt you to enter the coordinates or reference to a navaid creating it as a temporary waypoint just like mentioned above.This is useful when creating visual procedures, adding a non-databased operator's airport in charter flights, etc...Hope they add this feature someday!Best regards,

Rafael Henrique Carelli

Purchased and installed the NGX yesterday and this is the exact case for me too.SP1 notes say: "Added more robust support for custom FMC waypoints that are created as the result of downselecting already existing LEGS, RTE or FIX page waypoints"I wonder what exactly was added.I really look forward to see this work as intended.Regards,Doruk Selçuk

Well just to clarify, ABC123/5 never was the issue and created ABC01. However, ABC01321/5 never worked and also refuses to do so now.Plus, as I said, no chance to create waypoints from within the FIX page.sig.gif

Hi Etienne !My findings so far with SP1 might interest you !http://forum.avsim.n...al/page__st__50Fred.
Israel, I think the problem you are having is the same as mine.I can't line select a waypoint from the active flight plan and then use it to create a bearing/distance from that waypoint. I get the same invalid entry scratchpad message. I think this is most likely a bug with the NGX that will need addressing, so I will file a ticket and suggest you do as well.
To create a place-bearing/distance waypoint you would normally NOT use a waypoint that is already in the route !!Waypoints in the route are used for Along Track waypoint creation.Fred.

I can't use the feature indicated in SP1 "Added the ability to make and use custom runway-based waypoints (ex - RW26/10)"; FMC shows "Invalid Entry" message.
That would be considered an along track waypoint !If that was your destination runway the waypoint would be 10 miles AFTER the runway.Try.................RW26/-10.That will give you a waypoint 10 miles Before you land. Please see my last post in this thread.http://forum.avsim.n...al/page__st__50Fred.

I can't line select a waypoint from the active flight plan and then use it to create a bearing/distance from that waypoint. I get the same invalid entry scratchpad message. I think this is most likely a bug with the NGX that will need addressing, so I will file a ticket and suggest you do as well.
I have tried this tonight a few times and have had no problems at all.Line select a waypoint...............add the radial........then the slash / and the distance.Are you using the correct format for the scratchpad entry ??Fred.

Has anyone else found anything interesting or unusual after SP1 ???Fred.

Fred, I think the concern here is adding a waypoint by using an already existing user-generated waypoint as intial reference. For example a waypoint generated by PBD such as WPT01 and then creating a second waypoint in reference to that, e.g., a waypoint radial 230 10nm from WPT01 should be able to be entered as WPT01230/10 which should then create WPT02. This is what SP1 documents say FMC can now do but no-joy! From FCOM it sounds like this is possible on the RW NG and also creating a waypoint within FIX and then transfering to Route or Legs page as an active route waypoint rather than just as a reference..