Sign in to follow this  
jimbo1812

Problem with stopping 7300 NGX on landing

Details - RWy Length 3962 Metres Speed on Landing 155 kts Aircraft touches down at correct point on rwy Air brakes are armed and on The anti skid brake has been tried in various positions Reverse Thrust is applied via FSX settings F2 Normal braking is applied via FSX settings The aircraft is approx at 100 kts when it falls off the end of the rwy Can anyone suggest a solution? Regards, James

Details - RWy Length 3962 Metres Speed on Landing 155 kts Aircraft touches down at correct point on rwy Air brakes are armed and on The anti skid brake has been tried in various positions Reverse Thrust is applied via FSX settings F2 Normal braking is applied via FSX settings The aircraft is approx at 100 kts when it falls off the end of the rwy Can anyone suggest a solution? Regards, James
That's very fast for a 700 - what were your flaps, weights, and ref speed?DJ

For a 12,000-foot runway, like you mentioned, the plane should be very stoppable. I can land the real thing at 155 knots and have it stopped, even at a heavy weight, in 4,000 feet using heavy braking. The stopping capability also seems to be very weak to me when I land on a 9,000-foot runway. I'm not sure what the cure is for this sim.

For a 12,000-foot runway, like you mentioned, the plane should be very stoppable. I can land the real thing at 155 knots and have it stopped, even at a heavy weight, in 4,000 feet using heavy braking. The stopping capability also seems to be very weak to me when I land on a 9,000-foot runway. I'm not sure what the cure is for this sim.
I have no issues stopping any of the NGX Aircraft, I would check the sensitivity and try with manual breaking only to see if its a problem with Autobrakes or not!

Ya, I just tested MAX autobrake into Vienna. My head bounced off the PFD.

Eric 

The 737 is a tough one, it stops on a coin... almost. If you're not able to land on 4km of runway, you're probably doing something wrong. Flaps, spoilers, brake/autobrake, thrust off/reverse, and make sure you're within landing weight limits.

155 knots it's a little faster! I always land at 147 knt, with flaps at 30 or 40 (depends at atm. conditions) and autobrakes at 2 and spoilers armed. The planes stopped in the first half of the runaway.