Sign in to follow this  
rgbinns

Well Well Well, Saitek Throttle levers for each engine at last!

First of all I must say that I still really do not understand what somethings mean, I just bumbled along trying this and that until suddenly I find I have done something correctly at least something that seems to work.I have also tried it in flight with the PMDG 737NGX and it works beautifully and does not interfer with the auto throttle in anyway. It is really a nice new experience for me anyway.This is how I did it using Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant:snap2011102908h09m45s00.pngIn Axis Assignment I selected Send direct to FSUIPC Calibration for each lever.snap2011102908h11m26s00.pngsnap2011102908h11m58s00.pngThen I went to Joystick Calibration and selected No reverse Zone and Exclude THROTTLEn_SET and set up both the levers.snap2011102908h13m30s00.pngThe third lever I set up as the Reverser By pulling the lever down from idle you can set it up as a button so this was done in Buttons + Switches section of FSUIPC4.Uploaded with ImageShack.usI did the above as Aircraft specific so I will have to set up other aircraft types in the same way.I hope that this will work for others as it has for me.Kind regardsRichard

Richard Binns
MSFS 2020 - Asus ROG Strix Z390-E - Skylake i7 9700k - EVGA RTX 3070 Black - 32gig G.Skill TridentZ DDR4 - Thermaltake Thor 850w Platinum PSU - Corsair Hydro H80iGT cooler - Samsung 43" UHD HDR TV - Thermaltake V71 Case - Samsung SSD 850 EVO M.2 500GB  - 2 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus V-Nand 1TB

Richard,I've re-read your post a few times, and forgive me but I'm not sure if you were having difficulty assigning the Saitek throttles via FSX Controls, or you had another reason for using FSUIPC to assign them (or you simply preferred that method).Just in case, I thought I'd mention that several of the guys in our group run single and double Saitek throttle quadrants (i use a double configuration), and none of us have any difficulty assigning the throttles - including thrust reversers past the last throttle detent.I'm not sure (at all) if PMDG has changed their position on using FSUIPC, so please double check this, but last I knew PMDG stated that we shouldn't use FSUIPC to assign a control axis.Forgive me if I'm on base here...Be well.

Dave Hodges

System Specs:  I9-13900KF, NVIDIA 4070TI, Quest 3, Multiple Displays, Lots of TERRIFIC friends, 3 cats, and a wonderfully stubborn wife.

reverse should bekeypress to be heldso it will throttle to full reverse2cts (i just stumbled on this topic, a bit late)

Intel 2500K | AMD 7970 | Win7x64 | 16GB | TV 40" | Touchscreen 22" | HOTAS | Rudder | MCP | FFB Joystick | FSX-SE | Prepar3D | DSC A10

Wait, what??My current configuration is to have only the black lever as control for both engines, however once (just to see and feel realistic) i configured in FAX for the black:engine 1 and the blue:engine 2. No need for FSUICP.

Well, I got it configured in the following manner:Axis 1: Throttle1, FSX directAxis 2: Throttle2, FSX direct,Button on the Axis 1: Throttle1 Decr, repeat, Throttle1 Cut when releasedButton on the Axis 2: Throttle2 Decr, repeat, Throttle2 Cut when releasedDouble rocker switch below each Axis set up in Linda to Cutoff Switches, Run and Cut, respectivelyThis way I can control both engines independently, both reversers independently, and both cutoff switches when starting or cutting off engines.And by avoiding FSUIPC calibration, I fully avoid any problems that NGX might have with the FSUIPC.FSUIPC registered is required. And well worth the money!!!!!!!!!

reverse should bekeypress to be heldso it will throttle to full reverse2cts (i just stumbled on this topic, a bit late)
HelloTry it like this, much more efficient using Fs controls directly

One other thing that has been mentioned in the user guide was after setting your high and low range was to (start at idle) move both throttles together up a ways and hit the "Pos Sync" button. Repeat up towards full throttle several times. This is suppose to keep the the throttles sync's up as you move them. I have not had a chance to try yet but have also be told the PMDG will balk at using FSUIPC on axis set ups so I am still experimenting.

Phill Dant

Banner_FS2Crew_NGX_Driver.jpg

This is how I did it using Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant:
Looks to me that you are on the right track. You should use "Profiles" in FSUIPC so you don't have to set up every livery. This is very handy because when you load a different livery, setting it up will be done by simply checking one box.If you don't see "Profiles" on within the control panel, go to the FSUIPC.ini file and open it in Notepad. Look for profiles=No and change it to profiles=Yes.You don't need to use a button setup for reversers like someone said here. FSUIPC will allow for a very nice axis control of reversers when set up just like you have it (No Reverse Zone in Throttles).I have to use a button setup for my reversers because I have a Throttletek G737 and it is set up for button control on reversers and not axis, but with Saitek or CH, you can make one or two leavers just for reversers.

Looks to me that you are on the right track. You should use "Profiles" in FSUIPC so you don't have to set up every livery. This is very handy because when you load a different livery, setting it up will be done by simply checking one box.If you don't see "Profiles" on within the control panel, go to the FSUIPC.ini file and open it in Notepad. Look for profiles=No and change it to profiles=Yes.
Geez I'm looking for something like this for decades!! Thank you very much, I wasn't aware of this feature, shame on me!

Mauricio Brentano

Saitek+FSUIPC+NGX=No problem.Have it set for throttles, spoilers and flaps, everything works beautifully! Going to demonstrate the NGX in a flight from KLAS to KLAX on Friday to a group of FS enthusiasts and I feel confident they will enjoy every second of it.

\Robert Hamlich/

So I don't get it ...Am I supposed to use FSUIPC with the NGX or not?? I have everything set through FSX and I have no problems.Everything works fine. I have yet to purchase it because it was advise by PMDG not to use it. Does it work and should I go for it?

Geez I'm looking for something like this for decades!! Thank you very much, I wasn't aware of this feature, shame on me!
The newest version of FSUIPC already has profiles setup in the control panel. It also added a new feature where you can setup a profile "Based On" an existing profile and save it as a new profile. Very cool and handy if you have the same kind of aircraft, but made by a different developer.
Going to demonstrate the NGX in a flight from KLAS to KLAX on Friday to a group of FS enthusiasts and I feel confident they will enjoy every second of it.
If they are enthusiasts and they look like they aren't enjoying it, check their pulse, because they probably died. :(
So I don't get it ...Am I supposed to use FSUIPC with the NGX or not?? I have everything set through FSX and I have no problems.Everything works fine. I have yet to purchase it because it was advise by PMDG not to use it. Does it work and should I go for it?
FSUIPC works perfectly with the NGX. Get the newest version from http://forum.simflight.com/topic/70785-new-versions-of-fsuipc-10th-february-2012/You need the registered version to set up controllers, but it is well worth the money. FSUIPC controls axis very accurately and gives many options.

you can do all kinds of setup tricks with FSuipcif you dont know it you dont miss itit grows on you

Intel 2500K | AMD 7970 | Win7x64 | 16GB | TV 40" | Touchscreen 22" | HOTAS | Rudder | MCP | FFB Joystick | FSX-SE | Prepar3D | DSC A10