Sign in to follow this  
rgbinns

Well Well Well, Saitek Throttle levers for each engine at last!

looks complicated.....what else can I do with this beside setting up the controllers...which I already have done thru FSX

looks complicated.....what else can I do with this beside setting up the controllers...which I already have done thru FSX
for the fun of it:2 spare sliders, so, instead of reverse buttons, two full reversers, for NGX only (reverse buttons 'toggle' Cut)use WideFS (network), have FDC (flightdeck) run over networkcan (used to, run PlanG now, simconnect) run Flightsimcommander from networkhave FS Flightkeeper (log) run from networkhave RadarContact run from networkhave rather complicated View setting assigned to different aircraft (no W or A, but dedicated)though, I use LINDA now for lots of assignments, for my VRInsight Combo,Linda does not provide complicated assignment, this is then done with a FSuipc MACRO (sequential Commands etc)I still have Parking Brakes assigned to Slider (2 zones)and NGX Gear Up / Lock / Down set to Slider (3 Zones)have Spoilers Arm set to Button (easy), have Spoilers set to Slider (fsuipc)Flaps on slider, (but inaccurate on NGX, too many, use Up/Dwn switch), for 2/3/4 flaps planes (auto finds incements)etcetc(i have 2 xtra throttles, so 9 sliders in all)like I said, it grows on you

Intel 2500K | AMD 7970 | Win7x64 | 16GB | TV 40" | Touchscreen 22" | HOTAS | Rudder | MCP | FFB Joystick | FSX-SE | Prepar3D | DSC A10

Do you have to set all this up for each a/c or one size fits all?..I have a Cyborg keyboard that assigns everything from gear to HUD (12 marco keys)..not to mention the 2 throttles quadrants. I have the gear,flaps and spoiler set up with increments settings already and they work flawlessly.I guess what I'm saying is if I get the paid version the only thing I see that would benefit from it is the WideFS. Since I don't have all the addons you have ie.PlanG,RadarContact,FDC,FS Flight Keeper..oh ya VRinsight Combo(whatever that is) I see no need. Don't get me wrong I'm not knocking it......What do you mean by "sliders"

Do you have to set all this up for each a/c or one size fits all?
I have a basic for startup C172 1throttle 1mixturethen a profile for different i.c. has Spoiler or not, variprop or not, 2throttle, 3throttle etcI end up with few basic setups and many special setupsbecause I always define (Resize&place) gauges to buttons, and these are allways at different numbers for every plane
..I have a Cyborg keyboard that assigns everything from gear to HUD (12 marco keys)..not to mention the 2 throttles quadrants.
f.i. with 2 throttles quads & MD-11you profile 3 throttles etc, and this is loaded automaticallywith many planes I have a 'curve' defined for sliders (Throttels)NGX runs away with minimum throtlle / many do, so the throtlle is defined to start flatRudderbrakes same, start flat, or you brake way to hard, same with rudder, start minimaletc
I have the gear,flaps and spoiler set up with increments settings already and they work flawlessly.I guess what I'm saying is if I get the paid version the only thing I see that would benefit from it is the WideFS. Since I don't have all the addons you have ie.PlanG,RadarContact,FDC,FS Flight Keeper..oh ya VRinsight Combo(whatever that is) I see no need. Don't get me wrong I'm not knocking it......What do you mean by "sliders"
slider = 'throttle' (or anything)it depends if you like to switch to moving 3 sliders all of a sudden when with a MD-11 or notor 4 sliders with a 747, or 2 with a Beechcraftand if you are into 'programming'like MD-11 had a lot of 'Mouse-macro' possibilities, you want that / or notadding hardware with 'buttons' all of a sudden gets really attactiveI have a Yoke, but allways my Joystick attached, use it for Slew & Taxi Views etcetc/?/

Intel 2500K | AMD 7970 | Win7x64 | 16GB | TV 40" | Touchscreen 22" | HOTAS | Rudder | MCP | FFB Joystick | FSX-SE | Prepar3D | DSC A10

I have a CH Throttle Quadrant but I think you could do a similar thing with the Saitek one.In FSUIPC I have the leftmost lever set to spoiler and configured via the FSUIPC Axis Calibration. The 2 levers to the right of that are set to Throttle1 and Throttle2 respectively in FSUPIC, and they are NOT calibrated in the FSUPIC Axis Calibration (That appears to be what causes issues with the NGX.) The 2 levers on the far right I have set to the individual reversers, reversed, so that they pull back from the forwardmost position. I don't have a flap axis configured anymore as I use FS2Crew and my FO deals with flaps. On the rare occasion I need to mess with them, I use a switch on the CH Yoke.Joystick control is turned off in FSX. I find that with profiles, this gives me the best results without making me have to mess with other aircraft that I've already set up.-stefanI have a CH Throttle Quadrant but I think you could do a similar thing with the Saitek one.In FSUIPC I have the leftmost lever set to spoiler and configured via the FSUIPC Axis Calibration. The 2 levers to the right of that are set to Throttle1 and Throttle2 respectively in FSUPIC, and they are NOT calibrated in the FSUPIC Axis Calibration (That appears to be what causes issues with the NGX.) The 2 levers on the far right I have set to the individual reversers, reversed, so that they pull back from the forwardmost position. I don't have a flap axis configured anymore as I use FS2Crew and my FO deals with flaps. On the rare occasion I need to mess with them, I use a switch on the CH Yoke.Joystick control is turned off in FSX. I find that with profiles, this gives me the best results without making me have to mess with other aircraft that I've already set up.-stefan

I feel that profiling in the FSUIPC works wonders for me.The best feature of it is that you can set the button to do any action, and above that you can configure if it's for the current profile or if it's general.For instance, I have my com, trim, mouselook, brakes and some others set up as general (profile not checked), and then reverser actions are per profile.My profiles are simply either aircraft group or specific aircraft if needed, for instance:Cessna 172 (I use this one for all single prop piston)Boeing 737Boeing 747Boeing 757/767Twin Turbo PropPMDG MD11PMDG JS4100and so on...Now, I could rename some intoJet 2-engineJet 4-engineetcBut you see how much of the personal preference this is? There are no limitations...After you created groups, you can assign aircraft very easily.Beware, AXIS are fixed assigned, can't be unassigned without entering fsuipc.ini, there you can delete the aircraft only.

So you set up "profiles" for each game or A/C and then activate that profile when flying? is that right? I have the R.A.T.7 mouse and it has tons of profiles that I can assign to different buttons just like the Saitek throttles that work with FSX and NGX.But I can only use the key commands inside FSX to use on the mouse.If I get FSUIPC am I tied to those key commands? Because if not I will buy it right now!! That would mean I could assign anything to any button or "sliders" Right??So you set up "profiles" for each game or A/C and then activate that profile when flying? is that right? I have the R.A.T.7 mouse and it has tons of profiles that I can assign to different buttons just like the Saitek throttles that work with FSX and NGX.But I can only use the key commands inside FSX to use on the mouse.If I get FSUIPC am I tied to those key commands? Because if not I will buy it right now!! That would mean I could assign anything to any button or "sliders" Right??

So you set up "profiles" for each game or A/C and then activate that profile when flying? is that right?
better, it auto loads, because it can read what AC you're loading
I have the R.A.T.7 mouse and it has tons of profiles that I can assign to different buttons just like the Saitek throttles that work with FSX and NGX.But I can only use the key commands inside FSX to use on the mouse.If I get FSUIPC am I tied to those key commands? Because if not I will buy it right now!! That would mean I could assign anything to any button or "sliders" Right??
any button any sliderbut not you RAT7 xtra buttons i'm afraid, fsuipc wont be able to recognize that mouse extra buttons, only joystick and specialty FS Hardwareof course you can still use your RAT7 mouse the ordinairy way

Well I'm sold then.it sounds awesome!.... thanks for all your input..... one more question (always one more question).This looks complicated, is there a tutorial for setting up FSX?Well I'm sold then.it sounds awesome!.... thanks for all your input..... one more question (always one more question).This looks complicated, is there a tutorial for setting up FSX?

Now if only we can get the Saitek Pro Flight Multi Panel and Switch Panel working. What an awesome present that would be... LoL!

Strict Standards: Declaration of group_forum_breadcrumb::sendOutput() should be compatible with that of output::sendOutput() in /opt/webdocs/newsite/forum/hooks/group_forum_breadcrumb_d29bf565a59f776807044fd19e49258a.php on line 107

Well I'm sold then.it sounds awesome!.... thanks for all your input..... one more question (always one more question).This looks complicated, is there a tutorial for setting up FSX?
http://forum.simflig...pdated-modules/is the FSUIPC site/forumdownload the latest full first and installit has all the Docsit is a Free version, so can take all you time trying (profiles disabled perhaps, = 1 profile)then update with the latest module / .DLLalsofind out about LINDA (its freeeeeeeeeeeee, yippie!)http://forum.avsim.n...orum/424-linda/thats a GUI 'profiles' module working together with FSuipcthats a whole new world / must implementfigure out what combination of profiles works best for youyou'll be busy

Well I'm sold then.it sounds awesome!.... thanks for all your input..... one more question (always one more question).This looks complicated, is there a tutorial for setting up FSX?
Yes, someone wrote a tutorial in .pdf form for the CH throttle http://fsuipc.simflight.com/beta/SIMSAMURAI+FSUIPC+TUTORIAL.pdf , but the concept is the same for any. It is what got me started, but then I had a lot of contact though direct email to Pet Dawson and he let me know about the "Profile" options. Using profiles is the way to go.

Do you have a link for profiles I can use for the Pro Flight System?
you have to figure out fsuipc yourselfstart with keeping the manual open "FSUIPC4 User Guide.pdf"and assign throttle and a mixture axis to the C172then do 'Joystick Callibration' for that C172then do the B737now you need 2 throttles(it gets interesting if you have a rudder and footbrakes also)after this, you're on your wayI have the Saitek Yoke '3 way mode button' Disabledand assigned to F9 F10 F11my faq:"Use either the Saitek '3 Mode' with their Saitek software,ORredefine all definitions to FSUIPC ('disable' all FSX joystick control)&to free those 3 'mode' position Yoke button to FSUIPC(the driver reserved the 3modes button to Saitek software only & is hidden to FSuipc):Windows Saitek YOKE driver MODE 123 =C:WindowsSystem32SaiD0BAC.pr0 <= for mode123 <= (rename) / delete this file & restart windowsnow the 3modes button shows up in a FSuipc "trigger"EDITI always make a backup for Any change in my fsuipc.iniI have a ton of backups in my /modules dirwhen you're proficient at reading the fsuipc.ini fileyou can correct mistakes / little corrections, or cut and paste sectionsby editing fsuipc.ini in a editortrick for 'on the fly' editing is1. make sure nothing major is going on in FSX, like 'paused' or 'parking brake' (fsuipc keeps writing to fsuipc.ini)2. make you corrections in the fsuipc.ini(like changing the name of your profile, or deleting a sub profile, or moving an assignment from profile to default etc)3. go to fsuipc from within FSX, be in 'button' or 'axis', where there is a 'reload' button4. 'reload' definitions or axis or buttons, and the fsuipc.ini will be reloaded (with the edited file)2cts