Sign in to follow this  
David_VI

Scenery.CFG problem, but nothing in the scenery.cfg corresponding to it?!

Got this irritating problem.When I launch FSX I get an error claiming i'm missing something in the Scenery.cfg file. I've looked in the cfg file in both the FSX directory and the user directories, aswell as the scenery library in FSX and there is nothing corresponding to the error that I can remove to stop it.Any idea? Where is FSX being told to look for this file ?! Not the scenery.cfg file!Hope you can help!ThanksDavidIf it helps, the directory it points to is where the Horizon GenX scenery was installed, but to a sub folder called Scenery which was created for autogen files I downloaded online.. But i've since reinstalled the Horizon scenery onto another drive hence it not being there.. Oddly enough if I copy this folder back to the original location the error message goes away.. But still theres nothing in the library or scenery.cfg referencing this location!

Program DataMicrosoftFSX.There sits the Scenry.cfgMichael
Thanks Michael,I had the same problem.....and now I'm fixed......Jeff

Hello:The Scenery.Cfg file in the root installation folder of FSX is a "template" used to create the "active" working copy.The "active" working copy is located in the Windows user profile / account folder chainVista / Win7:C:ProgramDataMicrosoftFSXWindows XP:C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersApplication DataMicrosoftFSXBTW: Would-be manual editors of the active Scenery.Cfg may wish to read this "caveat" by Holger: Idea.gifhttp://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/showpost.php?p=143721&postcount=8 FYI: For future reference regarding the intended install paths for certain FSX files, see:http://www.microsoft...XUninstall.aspxHope this helps ! smile.pngGaryGB