Sign in to follow this  
Brian_A_Neuman

Lower MDU

Good evening gents,I have noticied an issue with the 737-700. When flying the 800, I could look at the lower MDU (Brake temperature) using the 2D panel. Now, using the 2D panel on the 700 I cant see it as if the gauge is not functioning. Any ideas why this would happen? Thanks.

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

Anyone?

Brian A. Neuman

Proud simmer since 1982 using the following simulators: Sublogic Flight Simulator 1 and 2. Microsoft Flight Simulator 4.0, 5.1, FS95, FS98, FS2000, FS2002, FS2004, FSX (and unfortunately Flight!). Terminal Reality Fly 1 and 2. Sierra Pro Pilot, Looking Glass/Eidos/Electronic Arts Flight Unlimited I, II and III, Laminar Research X-Plane 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11, FS Aerofly 2, Lockheed Martin Perpar3D 2.X, 3.X, 4.X and 5.X and Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020). Not to mention numerous combat simulators and games related to flight that I have played with over the years.

System: Intel I7-7700K-Water Cooled, 32GB Ram, GTX 1080Ti, 500gb SSD, 1TB HD and dedicated 1TB and 2TB SSD's for Flight Simulators

Does it show anything, or does it just show pressure?
Nah, it is just a blank screen. I have nothing at all.

Brian A. Neuman

I noticed this as well. It seems that if you are using the *Instruments side by side* option, the ENG and SYS buttons are changed to INOP, and you cannot access the brakes page anymore. I tried switching back to the default instrument view and its accessible. I'm not sure why it is like this, I'll wait for someone to clarify.marcus jian

I noticed this as well. It seems that if you are using the *Instruments side by side* option, the ENG and SYS buttons are changed to INOP, and you cannot access the brakes page anymore. I tried switching back to the default instrument view and its accessible. I'm not sure why it is like this, I'll wait for someone to clarify.marcus jian
I remember there being a post before about it, and something along the lines of anyone using the side by side (in the realworld, believe Ryan posted it) does not have the lower display unit show any data.

Alright. When I get home from work I will give that a shot. Thanks for the input,

Brian A. Neuman

You were correct. I turned off side by side and now the panel works like I expected it to. Thank you.

Brian A. Neuman

Yep, planes that are equipped with EFIS/MAP and the side-by-side engine DU have the lower DU disabled unless you need to switch one of the upper displays to it. The layout is supposed to mimic the classic 300-500 series and those didn't have a lower display (or any engine display on a screen for that matter).

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ahhh, thanks Ryan. I wasnt aware of that. I have learned something new today :)

Brian A. Neuman