Sign in to follow this  
Jetman67

anybody else have fatal error in PMDG DLL on load up

HelloI have this problem often with the PMDG 737NGX, crashes when loading so have to go and remove the last situation from the fsx.cfg and then load up the default flight file, I can then load up the file that contains the NGX, very annoying. After re saving the situation if I am lucking I can load straight to that situation from FSX a couple of times then the same issue over and over, happened a little bit before SP1 now 90 percent of the time unfortunately

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

hey Paul CH yoke, Ch rudder pedals, CH throttle quadrant, 90% configured through FSX full version of FSUIPC, I might add only ever happens with the PMDG NGX

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Try loading the NGX with your Controllers disconnected just as a test to see if the crash stops. I had that issue with my x52 pro and saitek pedals and disconnecting them while loading NGX fixed it. But so far have not had to do that anymore with SP1.

Hi PaulYes it is my controllers but when I unplug them and replug them in FSX does not detect them, what was your solution

Wayne such

Got a similar issue. After sp1 and 6700 addon when i load in the flight the pmdg 737 fsx crashes and the problem is pmdg_dll version 1.0Then i tried to uninstall and reinstall the whole pmdg 737 but i always get the same problem. Help me flying this bird.I've win 7 64 bit, saitek pro flight yoke, throttle quadrant and rudder pedal. Fsx sp2.Wish you all the best!Gino---I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=45.401054,11.868347

I'm hesitant to chirp in here as I was crucified for raising similar problems after installing SP1 on a previous thread....however...I had numerous fatal crashes in FSX after installing SP1 but found it was related to saving the 737NGX as the default aircraft. I don't believe it is related to the service pack as I had not tried to default it with the intiial release. Since then, I have generic FSX aircraft as my default and change afte FSX comes up. I've had no problems and am extremely pleased with the product. At this point I don't want to tempt fate by including the the NGX as my defaul arcraft....Why spoil the fun!Richard

Try to load and spawn a default plane first, then load your NGX, if I do this, no errors appearing while loading the NGX...

funny enough mine seems to be loading up ok for the time being

Wayne such

I have the same problem, what baffles me is that it worked perfectly for 3 days with the same controllers., even loading the 600 and 700 directly. I have never disconected anything and it worked fine. Now even loading up another aircraft first don't fix the problem. I haven't change anything in the computer or install anything. It tries to load the aircraft I can see it and then BOOM!Fatal error...works fine with all other planes. Praying.gif Please help!

raised a ticket with PMDG this is an FSX issue nothing can be done about this, they suggest only to load default situation then switch to the 737

Wayne such

Who told you that Wayne? I've been tracking this issue since release and none of the programmers have told me it's an FSX issue that we can't fix... We just have never been able to reproduce it ourselves on the debug machines is the thing. I have some tests I can run on your machine actually if you can reliably repeat the crash. (I'm referring to the type of crash that loading a default plane, shutting down the sim, then restarting and loading the NGX fixes)

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

DLL files are shared alot with in FSX, and sometimes if your running something and there is another programme or another app that is using the same app this causes the crash,. A while ago i did run a few tests myself to my capability and found that following these steps did help.http://forum.avsim.net/topic/267596-attn-fatal-error-problems-in-fsx/ There is another solution i will type it up bare with meI never get any fatal error at all now..

Ryan maybe I misinterpreted the below response, either way the support from PMDG was great and I was just happy to get a response so i can move onto flying the beauty you guys createdWayne,There is a known issue within FSX that actually can cause the type of CTD issues you descirbe when loading an Add on complex aircraft as the default flight in FSX. It was an issue that we attempted to address with the ACES team at Microsoft before the release of the SP2 update for FSX but we were unsuccessful in getting the fix implemented prior to its release. The only known work around is to always load FSX with a defalt aircraft in a default airport (Air Trike at Friday Harbor for example) and then select your add on aircraft from the select an aircraft screen. We make this specific recommendation in the introductory section of the manual that came with the product to help users avoid the type of behavior you are seeing. Please make sure you leave your default flight set to a Default aircraft at a Default airport and the issue should be corrected.The issue of Controllers causing a CTD on load is unfortunately an issue caused by hardware that exhibits abnormally high "Noise" feedback. Most users who have High Noise producing hardware have found that simply disconnecting it while the NGX loads and the plugging it back in corrects the issue and allows the user to use the hardware. You can try increasing your null zones on the hardware to see if that helps reduce the noise being sent to FSX but most users have simply moved on to more stable hardware.RegardsPaul GollnickManager Customer SupportPrecision Manuals Development Group

Wayne such

RyanI can absolutely reproduce this CTD on FSX startup, I am not 100% sure but it may be an issue with FSX and my CH controllers as I did pull all the controllers out and it did load straight up but only tried this once, the downside was that when i plugged the controllers back in they were not working, sorry if my post was not accurate or misleading

Wayne such