Sign in to follow this  
Jetman67

anybody else have fatal error in PMDG DLL on load up

Can I just add to experiencing this crash too. I got it originally in Windows 7 Pro (x64) and now in XP(x64), I changed back to XP after being sick and tired of getting Black screens of death despite having the uiautomation.dll and following every single tip out there. XP does have the odd one and odd white one but far more stable. Anyway the other night I couldnt even load the NGX into any flight, either starting a brand new flight or loading a saved one. May I add that my default flight still remained as the trike and friday harbour so thats out of the equation for the root cause of this fatal error. I couldnt even load the default flight then change to the NGX, it would hang at 0% load then CTD. I attempted to get it working about 1/2 dozen times, rebooted, backed up my fsx.cfg and deleted it allowing a fresh one to be created but it still crashed. After reading this thread I unplugged my Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System and it all loaded fine, I was able to reproduce this crash by trying to load a flight again with the controllers connected. The odd time it would load but when it keeps crashing it will definately load if I disconnect them so something is causing the DLL conflict

800driver.jpg

Chris Ibbotson

I can absolutely reproduce this CTD on FSX startup, I am not 100% sure but it may be an issue with FSX and my CH controllers as I did pull all the controllers out and it did load straight up but only tried this once, the downside was that when i plugged the controllers back in they were not working, sorry if my post was not accurate or misleading
If your using FSUIPC for your Controllers and you disconnect them while loading the NGX of course they are not going to work. The solution is to load up FSUIPC once your at the gate, test a button or two and/or go to the Calibration Tab and test one of your Axis. This usally solves it for me. I think by going into FSUIPC it refreshes after you disconnected your controllers and then all is fine again.If that does not work for you then instead of disconnecting your controllers load up the 747-400X at the gate and then from there load the NGX. That also worked for me.

thanks

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Same problem here and followed the guide to unplug controllers. I unplugged a ST290pro and the Chpropedals and got the PMDG to load up and fly a bit but problems continued. Got all to work once when all was plugged back in but that was short lived. During a particular trouble shooting step (i unplugged only the chpropedals) things locked up in FSX and I had to terminate and reboot. Upon restart, I got a "problem with 3rd party software, FSUIPC4 DLL, verison 4.5. this could be a clueI will continue to see if I can isoluate and resolve but it looks like I'm going to park this baby in the hanger and wait on adding the 600 until this issue gets resolved. This is unfortunate as this computer I purchase only for FSX and I upgraded just because of this (I have MD11 that I have enjoyed for some time on a Pentium 4 computer). I'm keeping my pentium for all my other computer uses and this computer uncluttered only for fs. System is Asus I7 2600 8mb GTX560Ti Win7 64bit ksdf

It looks like the Saitek ST290pro and PMDG 737 dont get along... at least in my case. Hay I already spent a ton of money on this, one joystick is not going to stop me!.

Hi i get a CTD when i fly the ngx. It seems to be when i right click and change the view. I have SP2 installed and am running i52500k. Regards Chris

I found the solution to my problem (that I only have when my Saitek st290pro is plugged in. I simply removed ALL controller assignments within Fsx and use only assignments made through fsuipc. Probably a good idea anyway but I did not have this issue with other aircraft. With this no more crash on selecting the aircraft or when ending flight.

I have the same problem and have FSUIPC version 4.7b. There seem to be a clean up issue. At one time I was able to load NGX, but afterward doing so again will cause FSX crash, and nothing I do afterward will allow me to select any NGX plane again. I did not have time yet to use controllers via FSUIPC, so I don't think the problem is there. I started with default aircraft (the ultra light), default aiport, then select any NGX planes will just crash. I never have this problem for any other PMDG planes or any other planes in my hangar.

Vu Pham

i7-10700K 5.2 GHz OC, 64 GB RAM, GTX4070Ti, SSD for Sim, SSD for system. MSFS2020

Just select and load a default aircraft (like C172), wait about 30 seconds e chosso NGX bird. You will experience no more 737dll crashes.Lt. CDR. Catão

I am having the exact same issue with the new hotfix for pmdg. I am running win7 and have done two clean installs of the OS. hopefully a fix soon!!