Sign in to follow this  
turner112

Mangetos

You mean that's NOT how it's spelled?????..er spelt... um speld... uh..spelld?LOL.gifLMAO.gif

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Sorry if this has been covered, I didn't find it in a search.Ok, so - anyway, that's how it's spelled on the standard VFR 172 panel.That is all.
Actually, its spelled correctly. The FSX C172 is equipped with small Mangos called Mangetos (spanish for small mango) that are installed inside a special compartment in the right wing. The Mangetos are actually provided through a third party contract with the Chiquita Corporation and can provide the pilot or passenger a refreshing snack while in flight. Furthermore, due to their smaller size they save precious weight as opposed to having full sized Mangos installed. It is an expensive option on most modern 172s but if you can afford to have Mangetos installed they are a real life saver when you're in a lengthy holding pattern and you get hungry.

Gosh, the last time I saw someone handling the Mangetos was with Commander Geordie La Forge. He did a hell of a job there!

Actually, its spelled correctly. The FSX C172 is equipped with small Mangos called Mangetos (spanish for small mango) that are installed inside a special compartment in the right wing. The Mangetos are actually provided through a third party contract with the Chiquita Corporation and can provide the pilot or passenger a refreshing snack while in flight. Furthermore, due to their smaller size they save precious weight as opposed to having full sized Mangos installed. It is an expensive option on most modern 172s but if you can afford to have Mangetos installed they are a real life saver when you're in a lengthy holding pattern and you get hungry.
The closest I can get for a translation is for the word "mangeto" which is Esperanto for "small meal" or "snack". So I guess your pseudo-Spanish translation is close enough.

The closest I can get for a translation is for the word "mangeto" which is Esperanto for "small meal" or "snack". So I guess your pseudo-Spanish translation is close enough.
Correct. The Esparanto Air Force flew C172s equipped with Mangetos during WW II. Many an Esparanto airman's life was saved when they were shot down by the Luftwaffe and they were able to survive on the very nutritious Mangetos for weeks until they were rescued by Allied forces.