Sign in to follow this  
lowlevel

NGX download link expired?

Since the SP1 is out I would like to make a clean reinstall as per RSR instructions. However I cannot download the base installer. I used to download the installer through the e-commerce -> previous orders -> my NGX order -> Download URL.Now It says "Note: This URL has expired."Do I miss something? Or how do you guys re-download your base installers?thanksIgnat Ignatov

You should be able to navigate to your folder where all your downloads are stored and find the 'PMDG_737_8900_NGX' folder with the installer in there.

Umm, can you explain "for dummies"? blush.png
He means that where did you download the origianl installer which folder or did you just delete it one you installed it. If you go to tools and click view downloads it will tell you which folder or where you have downloaded. if you havnt deleted it the installer should be there some where. Another option is to go to your start option and in the seach box type ngx in and it will bring up where the ngx is it does on mine anyway.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

I already looked there. Still need to re-download it. Any suggestions?
Mnnn than if you have looked and did a search for it than theres no option but to buy the extended download option $4.95 i think it cost now.

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

hisame for me i have buyed the ngx and the extended download option and i have no download link

hisame for me i have buyed the ngx and the extended download option and i have no download link
think you need to send a support ticket at the same time when you purchase it and they will send a email back to you

Peter kelberg

You have to submit a ticket requesting another download. Then they check to see if you bought the extended download and then you get sent an email with the link. I bought the extended d/l and submitted a ticket yesterday and am still waiting for the link. Being the weekend I would not expect it till Monday.

Eric 

You have to submit a ticket requesting another download. Then they check to see if you bought the extended download and then you get sent an email with the link. I bought the extended d/l and submitted a ticket yesterday and am still waiting for the link. Being the weekend I would not expect it till Monday.
Don't know if the weekend has anything to do with it. I wanted to download the base pack with SP1 included but like some other forum members I found my original download link had expired even though I had purchased the extended download option. So this afternoon (Sunday here in New Zealand) I submitted a support ticket. Late tonight when I came home from a meeting, there was no email from PMDG support but I logged into my PMDG account and found my download link re-activated for another nine days. So they DO seem to work in the weekend (bless them im%20Not%20Worthy.gif ) and my request got complied with. What more can one ask ?! Eric, you may want to check your PMDG account : your extended D/L link may have been re-activated despite you not receiving explicit notification.

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Weird thing is, I never purchased the ext download, and was able to download base pack, as my link was still active, They must have forgot about me.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Weird thing is, I never purchased the ext download, and was able to download base pack, as my link was still active, They must have forgot about me.
Lucky you !!

Cheers,
Emile Bax.

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Just a suggestion but keeping your NGX installer with Hotfix 1 2 3 seperate from SP1 would probably be a smart idea. The reason being if you download the all in one installer your stuck with that version for good and can't do any more testing if a problem arises with SP1.Example: Something is causing a crash in SP1 but you can't figure it out. But since you only got the installer with SP1 included there is no way to go back to Pre-SP1 to do any troubleshooting.My installer had Hotfix 1 2 3, and I installed that and then SP1 over top and had Zero issues last night from ENGM to BIKF. Of course I fly in 2D Panel mode. But here is a another thought. I think some people way overdo it on the graphics settings. A good way to test and troubleshoot this would be to fly in 2d panel mode for that one flight so you can see if it causes a crash. If you do not crash where you did with virtual cockpit then it is possible your pushing the limits too much and need to tone some settings back a bit.

i sign up for support, and i am still waiting for an email to verify my account. I am not able to fly this weekend.

Posted Today, 09:03 PMi sign up for support, and i am still waiting for an email to verify my account. I am not able to fly this weekend.
I do not think if you put in a support ticket that they email you back. Go back and check the status of your ticket and look for a reply to your question there.