Sign in to follow this  
lowlevel

NGX download link expired?

Yes, log in and check your ticket. Mine was handled in 2 hours yesterday.I also didn't receive an email when Paul answered my ticket and unlike most users, I've got my own domain & complete control over the email accounts. None of the filtering for that address is done on the server, it all goes to my laptop & gets filtered from there so it would have appeared in one folder or another.

When i purchased the program, i didnt purchase a download extention. i actually did not remember that been an option. What do i do in this case? My link is still dead and i am not getting any emails from PMDG.

When i purchased the program, i didnt purchase a download extention. i actually did not remember that been an option. What do i do in this case? My link is still dead and i am not getting any emails from PMDG.
I did not either with my original purchase. Log back into your account, purchase the d/l extension for $4.95. Then open a support ticket selecting redownload option for the pulldown menu and submit your ticket. After a short time, once they see you have purchased the extension they will reactivate your link for 10 days. Thats it.

Eric 

Guys, there is some misunderstanding here going on. At no point of my purchase I don't remember being told that the download link will work for X time and it would be a good idea to keep the installer on my computer and the other option for an extended download service for $4.95. I don't think that's fair to be honest. I certainly don't mind the 5 bucks but I don't like such nontransparent practices.I will post a support ticket too.

I did not either with my original purchase. Log back into your account, purchase the d/l extension for $4.95. Then open a support ticket selecting redownload option for the pulldown menu and submit your ticket. After a short time, once they see you have purchased the extension they will reactivate your link for 10 days. Thats it.
i believe once you purchased the extended download link it valid for a year i think i could be wrong but iam sure iam right
Guys, there is some misunderstanding here going on. At no point of my purchase I don't remember being told that the download link will work for X time and it would be a good idea to keep the installer on my computer and the other option for an extended download service for $4.95. I don't think that's fair to be honest. I certainly don't mind the 5 bucks but I don't like such nontransparent practices.I will post a support ticket too.
why wouldnt you keep tthe installer on your pc thats what most of us do just in case we need to reinstall again, i got the original and the latest installer in my ngx folder plus i backed up my drive to an external drive as well

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Very interesting thread. Personally I have downloaded and backuped the base package, all hotfixes issued so far and the -6700 extension.I cannot understand, like some of you, why there is an extended dowload service to pay if I want to download again the software. It is not also mentioned, when I bought the NGX, that the download link will expire within XX months or days or years. For now, but only few months passed since my purchase, my download link is still alive and reachable from "previous orders" section. I obviously return on the PMDG website only if I cannot recover my backuped installer files, but I am asking myself if one year from now those links will be still available.Thanks bye.

same here...i cant download the installer ohmy.pngSo i have to pay 5$ for re-download again what ive paid already...wow...time to move away from this hobby

Just came across this problem. I have to pay to re-download what I already paid for, huh?Wow. Nice going, PMDG. Great...

Just came across this problem. I have to pay to re-download what I already paid for, huh?Wow. Nice going, PMDG. Great...
Cost you about $5.00. Small price to pay for not backing up your original download

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Cost you about $5.00. Small price to pay for not backing up your original download
man, can u tell me/us how i can download and keep the installer that include the SP1 if when it has been released the link was already expired? its my fault if the SP1 has come out almost 3 months after the released? this is a no-sense? if PMDG has this policy they HAVE to count from the DEFINITIVE RELEASE and give us the chance to download the definitive installer without paying 5$. then if after 2 months after definitive installer the link is expired, ill be happy and undestanding to spend 5$ like a donation for this amazing addon.

Does not matter, you can have the original installer from early august and download SP1, which is freely available. Does put a kink in your argument to be honest.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

man, can u tell me/us how i can download and keep the installer that include the SP1 if when it has been released the link was already expired? its my fault if the SP1 has come out almost 3 months after the released? this is a no-sense? if PMDG has this policy they HAVE to count from the DEFINITIVE RELEASE and give us the chance to download the definitive installer without paying 5$. then if after 2 months after definitive installer the link is expired, ill be happy and undestanding to spend 5$ like a donation for this amazing addon.
It said quite clearly when I purchased the 800/900 base pack that the download was time limited or I could pay PMDG $5 to allow me to download the base pack at any time in the future.As 700MB of storage is a lot cheaper than $5, I chose to keep the zip file in case I needed to re-install the base pack later on.You don't need to re-install the base pack to install SP1.Hope this helps.

Then you didn't read your email very carefully. In every plane I've purchased from PMDG, I have this:
Download Instructions for: PMDG MD-11X for FSX ONLYDownload URL (This URL will expire in 7 days):

Does not matter, you can have the original installer from early august and download SP1, which is freely available. Does put a kink in your argument to be honest.
why i have to use previuos installer + SP1? ive paid it and its my right have the definitive installer. its not my fault if the definitive installer has come out 3 months later.

It isn't your "right", there's no "definitive installer" (you think this is the last patch?), and they told you up front to save your download.