Sign in to follow this  
lowlevel

NGX download link expired?

why i have to use previuos installer + SP1? ive paid it and its my right have the definitive installer. its not my fault if the definitive installer has come out 3 months later.
What is this definitive installer you mention?There is only the base pack download and the SP1 download.

What is this definitive installer you mention?There is only the base pack download and the SP1 download.
definitive installer means: exe that include all the SP without add 1 by 1

Ah but future updates are planned. Wouldn't you call the definitive installer one that includes sp2 and possibly a third?

Cost you about $5.00. Small price to pay for not backing up your original download
Respectfully disagree. :) I already paid, I shouldn't have to pay again to re-download. However, I do agree - I SHOULD have had it backed up. I normally do. That being said - and DEVs wonder why people torrent...

definitive installer means: exe that include all the SP without add 1 by 1
I see what you mean, but bandwidth costs money and the base package is 700mb, so it's reasonable for PMDG to issue service packs in self contained downloads.

I see what you mean, but bandwidth costs money and the base package is 700mb, so it's reasonable for PMDG to issue service packs in self contained downloads.
its not my problem..u understand? just upload it on torrent and then everyone active it with the key received by email after the purchase.

its not my problem..u understand? just upload it on torrent and then everyone active it with the key received by email after the purchase.
I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.

I'm sorry Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.
..."just upload it"....wanst referring to u. was referring in general to the pmdg...then everybody active it with his own licence key that we received by email

Why do we have to buy this freaking extended download? I have already purchased this machine. PMDG recommends us to delete everything in order to install SP1 and we have to buy extended download to make it work. It doesn't make any sense. It sounds like a free market here, like I do whatever I want. This machine is not functioning well, at least for me and how many SPs on the way? So every time SP is issued we have to buy extended download. My opinion PMDG has to resolve all issues first and then lock the product, but not before. I wish I knew their management contacts so I can call them and talk about this situation but looks like this is not gonna happen. Happy Halloween.

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

Or you could've saved the original download since they told you the download link would expire after 7 days.

Everyone always seems to want to blame somebody else for their problems. When you guys purchase software it always tells you to make a backup copy somewhere on your computer in case you ever need to reinstall the software again. The fact that YOU DID NOT do this is nobodys fault but YOURS! So since you messed up and decided not to follow the instructions and recommendation of backing up you stuff, now you have to pay $5.00 for the extended download service.

Why do we have to buy this freaking extended download? I have already purchased this machine. PMDG recommends us to delete everything in order to install SP1 and we have to buy extended download to make it work. It doesn't make any sense. It sounds like a free market here, like I do whatever I want. This machine is not functioning well, at least for me and how many SPs on the way? So every time SP is issued we have to buy extended download. My opinion PMDG has to resolve all issues first and then lock the product, but not before. I wish I knew their management contacts so I can call them and talk about this situation but looks like this is not gonna happen.Happy Halloween.
well said bro!!! this is what i meant!!!! and was trying to explain with my bad english

This machine is not functioning well, at least for me and how many SPs on the way? So every time SP is issued we have to buy extended download.
You only have to pay the extended download one time because you screwed up and did not make a backup copy. Now with your extended download of $5.00 you can get the originally installer anytime you want to without paying anything more. It would still be a good idea for you to back up this time.The Service Packs are totally different and always available on the service updates page. So just accept it and move on. Service Packs can be found here: http://www.precision...ds/updates.html

I have got a response from PMDG. I am trying to have their address and phone numbers so I can talk to them. All websites, I mean professional websites have Contact Us link with phone numbers and address so people can reach them. PMDG is in the shadow, just this forum and support ticket option. I was trying to ask PMDG why do I/we have to pay for fixes? PMDG does great product, I am ready to pay more than $70 for the plane but I expect good support with no charges. Boeing in real life fixes all problem with no charge, because this is not customer's fault.What a day again Rolling%20Eyes.gif

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”