Good day, folks -After about 12-14 YEARS, my CH Pro Pedals have finally decided to give up the ghost. We had a great run together, but the potentiometer for the rudder axis has become just too twitchy and self-accelerating.... even with FSUIPC filtering the inputs, it just doesn't cut it anymore.Hands down, the CH pedals and yolk have been the two most long-lived investments I've ever attached to a computer system.All that being said, I now have the opportunity to set myself up with a new set of pedals... since I bought my original kit, Saitek has come into the marketplace with its own pedal set.I'm inclined to go with what I know and purchase another CH Pro Pedal set, but I'd like to hear from people who have used both the Saitek and the CH units, and what their preferences are.Your input is appreciated!-Greg

I have the Saitek pro flight combat rudder pedals and I love them. They are my first pedals, so I don't have much to compare them too. They are extremely sturdy and don't feel like they are made of cheap plastic. I have a few problems with the sensitivity with the toe breaks but I'm still figuring out the settings.Cheers, CK

Chris B. Trane

Good day, folks -After about 12-14 YEARS, my CH Pro Pedals have finally decided to give up the ghost. We had a great run together, but the potentiometer for the rudder axis has become just too twitchy and self-accelerating.... even with FSUIPC filtering the inputs, it just doesn't cut it anymore.Hands down, the CH pedals and yolk have been the two most long-lived investments I've ever attached to a computer system.All that being said, I now have the opportunity to set myself up with a new set of pedals... since I bought my original kit, Saitek has come into the marketplace with its own pedal set.I'm inclined to go with what I know and purchase another CH Pro Pedal set, but I'd like to hear from people who have used both the Saitek and the CH units, and what their preferences are.Your input is appreciated!-Greg
Hello Greg$9.99 gets you a new pot from CH, worth considering.throw some in the yoke while your at it and you are set for years more service.http://www.chproducts.com/shop/parts.htmlI have had the CH pedals and now have the Saitek ones, be aware that Saitek now have three different sets.The Saitek pedals are wider spaced and have adjustable tension, but that said I don't find them that much better than the CH pro.Both do the job equally well.

I've owned both and the Saitek ones are low-quality compared to CH products. They came off the rails 3 times in the first year I owned them and that requires opening the whole thing up, re-seating them and closing it back up, about a 15 minute job once you've done it once or twice. However, once they've been open to the elements, dust and such gets on the grease and causes greater wear and tear. In my 7 years with my CH products pedals I never had issues.I'll be purchasing CH when this Saitek one dies on me. That said, they're not terrible and one good thing is the extendable size of them. I have a size 13 foot, so it really is pretty comfortable and setting the tension to the highest limit (along with me knowing the limits of the hardware) has alleviated the rail problem for the last 9 months.

hmm i just ordered the saitek pedals, i hope it´s a good investment Praying.gif
HelloThey will be great, which set did you order ?

I very much prefer the Saitek Pro Pedals I have now compared to the CH Products USB Pedals I had before (two actually). While the CH Products Yoke had some advantages over the Saitek Pro Flight yoke, I found the pedals inferiour in every aspect. The Saitek pedals aren't perfect either but you get what you pay for.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Hi Greg,I'm not sure what you mean by "self-accelerating", but if you mean that slow, consistent drift when the pedals aren't moving, it's usually caused by a loose pot connection. A lot of the time they used push on terminals to make the connection and they had a tendency to oxidize over time and that can cause it. Removing and reconnecting the pushon a few times usually will clean it up.Best regards,- BobThe StickWorkshttp://www.stickworks.com