Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

Where do I find the promised mipmaping options?

Performance Manager included with SP1 will have mipmaping options btw guys... 3 levels of texture and model detail/resolution and mipmapping on/off.
Hi Ryan,First thanks for the SP1, really an impressive list of things you fixed and/or changed!One question though, you mentioned some time ago in the quated post above that you would include the option to enable/disable mipmaping but I can't find that one or am I looking in the wrong place maybe? Was expecting to find it in the PMDG Performance Manager?

Richard Åsberg

I think it's @ the liveries load manager module, as in PMDG-B737NGX-Introduction page 0.00.132 didn't try it yet I am reading the introduction now.

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

I do know where to find both the Livery Manger and the Performance Manger, what I can't find is the option to turn mipmaping on/off as described in Ryan's post quoted above, maybe that feature didn't make it into SP1 as planned? As far as I understand the only thing you can change using the Performance Manager is the size of the textures?Anyway after some testing with SP1 installed and my current Nvidia Inspector settings the shimmering effect is almost gone so maybe the textures are now mipmap'ed out of the box? Or maybe it's because of my graphics settings where I now set the AF inside FSX instead of using Nvidia Inspector?

Richard Åsberg

I think they might be Richard, no shimmering for me either. Liveries look far better.

I do know where to find both the Livery Manger and the Performance Manger, what I can't find is the option to turn mipmaping on/off as described in Ryan's post quoted above, maybe that feature didn't make it into SP1 as planned? As far as I understand the only thing you can change using the Performance Manager is the size of the textures?Anyway after some testing with SP1 installed and my current Nvidia Inspector settings the shimmering effect is almost gone so maybe the textures are now mipmap'ed out of the box? Or maybe it's because of my graphics settings where I now set the AF inside FSX instead of using Nvidia Inspector?
Sorry Richard, missunderstood your question.

The difference is like night and day. Practically zero shimmering, Definately smoother (set to High Def. in PM) and with limitter set to 30fps,that's what i get +/- 1 at KSFO (Flightbeam).I must say PMDG have been busy and it shows. I am impressed!

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg