Sign in to follow this  
Krille

PMDG 747 and winds

Hello, I wounder why the 747 is so sensitive in like 5kt winds?But I've got no promlem with either the MD-11 or 737NGXIt's not fun to have to turn off all winds to make it possible to fly.Anyone else with the same problem? or someone who know how to fix it/ Kristoffer

I assume you're talking about the wind shift issues when using 3rd party weather? Really all you can do about it is use the registered version of FSUIPC for the smoothing options available, otherwise, like you said, I used to have to turn wx off during cruise.

Noah Bryant

Soo sensitive? I got that babe down althought I had 33KTS crosswind.

Wind smoothing in FSUIPC I believe works only where an external weather app is used such as Active Sky.For ASE on FSX you would disable the ASE SimConnect mode and choose to use FSUIPC and not use DWC mode which can introduce other problems with its require global weather mode. There have been a number of service packs released for ASE. Check the Hifi sim forum here o n AVSIM.

On the RC forum a user with similar problems has stated latest service packs allow wind smoothing now retaining destination winds as in METARS with ASE so you can use DWC wind smoothing.