Sign in to follow this  
Tristan Marchent

Performance manager and Autobrakes

Hi All,When using the performance manager to decrease the texture quality it seems like the textures are only being changed in 800 and 900 NOT the 600/700... I tested it but the textures arent changing in the 600/700 is this a bug??Also, just landed at heathrow, autobrake 2 and the brakes werent even activating at all, before SP1 I used to be able to use the autobrakes..I hope I can get these issues sorted with you help!Many Thanks and Best Wishes,Tristan

Best Regards,
Tristan Marchent - UK fATPL(A) - EMB 195 First Officer

System: Intel i7-6700k Skylake CPU, 4 Cores (4.0-4.2GHz, Overlocked 20%), Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MBO, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Corsair Hydro H80i V2 CPU Cooler, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB, Windows 10 Home 64-bit (512GB M.2 PCIe SSD), Prepar3D V4.5 (1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD), 4TB SSHD Hybrid Drive, EVGA GQ 80 PLUS Gold 850W Modular PSU

Tristan-The read BRAKES message in FSX is not your indication of brake application in the NGX.If the airplane is slowing, then the autobrake is doing its work.Keep in mind that it goes for a target rate of decel- and since the folks at ACES couldn't write a ground contact model to save their lives, the ground in FSX has too much friction... hence there are times when the brake will modulate pressure below the threshold of the FSX brakes in order to keep you from slowing too quickly...This has been mentioned in a number of threads already...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Hi All,When using the performance manager to decrease the texture quality it seems like the textures are only being changed in 800 and 900 NOT the 600/700... I tested it but the textures arent changing in the 600/700 is this a bug??Also, just landed at heathrow, autobrake 2 and the brakes werent even activating at all, before SP1 I used to be able to use the autobrakes..I hope I can get these issues sorted with you help!Many Thanks and Best Wishes,Tristan
More of an omission! The LOW res interior models were not included in the 600/700 package, like they were for the 800/900, maybe at a later date!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Tristan-The read BRAKES message in FSX is not your indication of brake application in the NGX.If the airplane is slowing, then the autobrake is doing its work.Keep in mind that it goes for a target rate of decel- and since the folks at ACES couldn't write a ground contact model to save their lives, the ground in FSX has too much friction... hence there are times when the brake will modulate pressure below the threshold of the FSX brakes in order to keep you from slowing too quickly...This has been mentioned in a number of threads already...
Ah right, ok I understand now! The aircraft was decelerating even with the Autobrake Disarm Amber light on.. :)Also, any thoughts on the Performance Manager,Many Thanks Robert!

Best Regards,

System: Intel i7-6700k Skylake CPU, 4 Cores (4.0-4.2GHz, Overlocked 20%), Asus Z170 PRO GAMING MBO, Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080 8GB, Corsair Hydro H80i V2 CPU Cooler, Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO DDR4 3200 C16 2x8GB, Windows 10 Home 64-bit (512GB M.2 PCIe SSD), Prepar3D V4.5 (1TB Samsung 850 EVO SSD), 4TB SSHD Hybrid Drive, EVGA GQ 80 PLUS Gold 850W Modular PSU

Tristan-Not sure- I have to investigate. (Actually- the blokes responsible for that piece have to investigate- but they have been made aware...)

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Tristan-Not sure- I have to investigate. (Actually- the blokes responsible for that piece have to investigate- but they have been made aware...)
Thanks Robert!It's just the low res textures aren't showing in the 6/700 only the 8/900... As said by another member above, maybe because the low res textures didn't ship with the 6/700 perhaps.. Not sure!But thanks very much! A pure treasure you guys have created here! Just a pure masterpiece! Thankyou!!Tristan

Best Regards,

Ok,I did an approach to LFMN (Nice) today runway 04L.. in the 700WL I was approaching at a speed of around 135kts, autobrake 2 Selected, spoilers armed...Once touchdown commenced, the spoilers deployed the aircraft started decelreating but VERY slowly, I was using idle reverse around 27-29% reverse and the aircraft was decelerating very slowly! It felt as though the brakes weren't activating at all... I pretty much used the whole length of the runway to slow down.. So I feel something is wrong or I, myself am doing something wrong..I would REALLY appreciate some advice! :) I use Saitek Rudder Pedals :)Many Thanks and Best Wishes,Tristan

Best Regards,

I am experiencing a very similar brake problem as Tristan. They worked fine until I had a hard landing and the brakes went out completely. I have never been able to restore them since and have tried several fixes including, of course, resetting the failure, but all to no avail. Help much appreciated. I had this problem from time before SP1 but could always remedy by clearing the failures. Help Much Appreciated.Joe

Joe Porter

ngxu_banner.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Beta_Tester.jpg

Also to help, the autobrake disarm light comes on straight away as I touchdown... Does this mean that the autobrakes are not active at this stage... Cause that light came on, before SP1, when pushed on the brakes to deactivate manually the autobrake on the rollout :)

Best Regards,

Also to help, the autobrake disarm light comes on straight away as I touchdown... Does this mean that the autobrakes are not active at this stage... Cause that light came on, before SP1, when pushed on the brakes to deactivate manually the autobrake on the rollout :)
It worked a while ago, the autobrakes... But after installing SP1b, This problem has come back :/ No autobrakes! Not sure what I did to get them working last time, but any suggestions? Apologies for bringing up an old thread but I really want to sort this out :)Thanks!

Best Regards,

Anyone?? My autobrakes aren't working:/ The autobrake disarm light lights up upon touchdown :/

Best Regards,