Sign in to follow this  
mbunjes

getting quite desperate...

Today I decided to make a fresh start. I reinstalled Win 7 64 ultimate, installed all updates, installed FSX + Acceleration, installed NGX and SP1. Everything went smoothly and quickly.However, now I can't even load the NGX.I chose the aircraft, it appears in the preview pane, freezes and FSX crashes in module PMDG_737ngx.dllAnybody has any advise, I'm getting quietly very desperate...

Hi, just a quick guess ...did you install all with administrative right ?

Alaa A. Riad
Just love to fly...............

W11 64-bit, MSFS2020, Intel Core i7-8700 CPU @ 3.20 Ghz 6 Cores, 2 TR HD, 16.0 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6 MB GDDR5

try loading up another plane then switching to the pmdg from your airport, I have this issue and it is my ch controls apparently

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

Alt-Tab and make sure the activation window isn't hiding behind the FSX window or something.

Is your BIOS and Windows time set correctly? If not this can play badly with the NGX activation.

try loading up another plane then switching to the pmdg from your airport, I have this issue and it is my ch controls apparently
That's worth a try, although I have Saitek gear ?
Alt-Tab and make sure the activation window isn't hiding behind the FSX window or something.
Thanks for the suggestion but the NGX activation went smoothly , no windows left.

I now think it might be a controller issue. I installed Win7 with all my controllers plugged in (radio, nav, xpdr, adf, throttle, mcp, yoke, rudder, some OC, phidgets and Bodnar cards)I tried Wayne's advice and loaded up a Cessna flight and the plane on the ground was totally uncontrollable. After I finally got it to stop I tried loading the NGX.It loaded a sort of wire frame version of the plane, FSX froze and then crashed.I'm going to try reinstalling Win7 without any controllers connected and initialize them after the FSX install.

Hi Martin,Start with installing FSX and the NGX only - see if this works - then add all your other addons and hardware one by one until you isolate the source of the problem.Cheers,

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

Yes, I'll try that tonight after work (looking at airplanes all day, you call that work ? Money%20Eyes.gif )I will also do a reinstall of Win7 without controller hardware plugged in.