Sign in to follow this  
skyrider

Cycling Views: Post SP1

After installing SP1 I am unable to cycle through the views using the 'A' key on my keyboard.Cheers,Doug

After installing SP1 I am unable to cycle through the views using the 'A' key on my keyboard.Cheers,Doug
Interesting -- I can cycle through cockpit camera views (using EZDoc), but NOT outside views. With initial load (-800WL in either house or any of several liveries) VC is fine, but outside "spot" view opens as FSX "Top Down" view instead. Any other plane, either stock or add-on, continues to load properly with normal camera settings in outside "spot" view. And when I load the 737NGX after loading anything else, spot view does work BUT I get only wings and a few a/c features--no fuselage. Now, if I load the NGX with spot view selected, I get a fully (correctly) rendered exterior model in spot view. BUT when I then try another camera view ('a' key or hat switch control) the screen reverts to Top Down view. From that top-down view I can force spot view with a right-mouse click accessing the screen's drop-down menu, but the next outside camera view reverts again to "top-down" (just a miniature view of earth's globe)I'm asking for help especially from EZDoc / Saitek X52 users. All view commands, using the X52's two flight stick hat switches to select corresponding EZDoc camera views, worked perfectly with the 737NGX before installing SP1 today (and all other aircraft continue to function as before). BTW, I tried a disembodied "flight" to see if the SP1 installation is otherwise o.k.-- and it is.Note that I've carefully followed PMDG's SP1 installation instructions including deleting and re-downloading/installing liveries. Yes, I've checked the FSX.cfg [graphics] and [display] settings per the user guide, uninstalled/deleted the original NGX including all PMDG/737 and associated Aircraft folders; also deleted all saved flights/panel states. I'm at a loss as to where to begin diagnosing this issue.Anyone else besides Doug (skyrider) seeing this issue since installing SP1?Thanks,Maury Pratt

Maury Pratt

A wild shot in the dark - the NGX has a number of commands assigned to the keyboard by default - sounds like two commands are assigned to the same key.Goto the FMC and remove the command assigned to the "A" key. I think it is the autopilot disconnect action.

Boeing777_Banner_DevTeam.jpg

Armen L Cholakian
PMDG Sound Engineer

A wild shot in the dark - the NGX has a number of commands assigned to the keyboard by default - sounds like two commands are assigned to the same key.Goto the FMC and remove the command assigned to the "A" key. I think it is the autopilot disconnect action.
That fixed it for me; good catch biggrin.png

Armen, thanks -- nothing in FMC Options (including autopilot disconnect) call out the "A" key.What seems promising is that I can always restore a particular spot camera view (after "A" key causes a jump to "Top Down" view) by going to the screen menu View and re-selecting Outside Spot. Is there a user-accessible parameter in FSX that controls view selection that might be corrupted?Thanks,MauryObservation: "S" key cycles 1: cockpit VC; 2: outside spot; 3: "EZDoc World Camera" views for default aircraft.But "S" key cycles 1: cockpit VC; 2: outside screen but menu shows "cockpit VC"; 3: "EZDoc World Camera" views when any 737NGX is selected. Edited by Maury Pratt

Maury Pratt

I uninstalled then reinstalled EZCA, with no help. Went through Linda, FSUIPC and FSX to redo Key mappings. Got everything fixed EXCEPT my eyepoint up/down doesn't work, and I can't seem to fix it. Going into the FMC now. Will report back.Name in Signature, Maury

Dennis Trawick

Screen Shot Forum Rules

AVSIMSignature_zpsed110b13.jpg

Run the Ezdok config manager again after installing sp1, that did it for me.
Mark, my thanks to you also. Graham Politt (grahm3278) offered this solution on another thread as well. And I'd posted a PMDG ticket to which Ryan came back right away with the solution, even though it proved not to be an SP1 issue at all.Thanks to all!Maury Pratt

Maury Pratt